Laverstock Hill Light Railway

A place for the discussion of garden railways and any garden style/scale portable and/or indoor layouts
godsteam
Cleaner
Cleaner

Laverstock Hill Light Railway

Post by godsteam » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:39 pm

I have been working on this project since the end of last winter. Inspiration came from a visit to The Milford Hill Light Railway, thanks Alan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okTr6CS8P5Y

Godfrey

MDLR
Driver
Driver

Post by MDLR » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:19 pm

The name is certainly accurate - I estimate every level from -18" to + 4' and everything in between - just shows what can be done!
Brian L Dominic
Managing Director
Flagg Fluorspar Co
www.mdlr.co.uk/ff.html

Alan P
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Re: Laverstock Hill Light Railway

Post by Alan P » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:43 pm

godsteam:114694 wrote:I have been working on this project since the end of last winter. Inspiration came from a visit to The Milford Hill Light Railway, thanks Alan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okTr6CS8P5Y

Godfrey
Well, all can say Godfrey is, you have been busy! I can't remember how long ago it was that you came and had a look at my line but it certainly doesn't seem long enough to have achieved all that.
Fantastic, i'm very envious of all the space you have to play with. Love to see a steam video.....
Alan.

The Milford Hill Light Railway

TMHLR http://www.alspcs.com/TMHLR.html

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:35 am

That's looking great! I really like the way it goes from a fairly deep cutting to raised sections, just like the real thing. Loads of scenic potential too...

All the best,

Andrew.

Marquis DeCarabas
Fireman
Fireman

Post by Marquis DeCarabas » Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:32 pm

I like that - what are the concrete blocks you've used to make the formation with, please?
De Carabas

At the service of angelislington

godsteam
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by godsteam » Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:56 pm

Marquis DeCarabas:114708 wrote:I like that - what are the concrete blocks you've used to make the formation with, please?
They are Aerated blocks which I cut to 50mm deep x 100mm wide using either a hand or electric circular saw laid on 2" foundation of concrete. I got a very good price from Wickes by buying all their damaged blocks. The track is fixed down using 25mm galvanized pins.

The "gorge" sides are "WICKES LINDALE UTILITY PAVING SLAB 450X450MM BUFF" (cut in half or quarters for the curves) which if you look closely are riven and hopefully in time will look like cliffs!!

Godfrey