Page 4 of 4
Re: Hammertoe, my 16mm scale 45mm gauge Indoor layout
Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2026 3:08 pm
by Peter Butler
I think you have the balance just right there. Your beautifully painted man isn't a lifelike figure neither is he a caricature, somewhere between the two. Looking forward to seeing the others now.
Re: Hammertoe, my 16mm scale 45mm gauge Indoor layout
Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2026 4:10 pm
by Old Man Aaron
Looks good, and a fitting backstory to him.

Re: Hammertoe, my 16mm scale 45mm gauge Indoor layout
Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2026 9:01 am
by DCooper
Just Alex hanging out.
I think he looks happy doing his best to support the light pole.
I need to find a dead matt flat finish for these figures as they seem to want to go all glossy on me.
I hope everyone's keeping well.
Thank you Peter and Aaron, I am glad you like how Alex came out. I have more little people on the way. They sure do add sparkle to the layout.
Re: Hammertoe, my 16mm scale 45mm gauge Indoor layout
Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2026 4:32 am
by DCooper
A little progress on the garden line. Landscaping, ballast and some plants.
Not sure about what I'm doing but having fun.
Thanks for looking in.
Dan
Re: Hammertoe, my 16mm scale 45mm gauge Indoor layout
Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2026 7:25 am
by ge_rik
There's something very atmospheric about watching a train trundling along in dappled sunlight.
Rik
Re: Hammertoe, my 16mm scale 45mm gauge Indoor layout
Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2026 5:55 am
by DCooper
Thanks Rik, I think I picked a good sheltered spot to start the railway. I have a little space to expand into towards the right hand side and the trees will keep the hot Australian summer sun under control. I did thin the canopies out a bit to get a touch more light as I hadn't been able to grow much in this part of the garden due to the deep shade. Time will tell if I can pick some shade loving smaller leaved plants ( or get anything much to grow). All part of the learning experience I guess. All fun though.
Back inside today
The gangs all here. This is about all my 16mm gauge rolling stock in one photo. I've been gently working over the paint jobs of all the rolling stock. As they were being built I got a bit better as I went and some of the first finished weren't up to the level of the current ones. This should even them all out.
I'm kind of surprised that this project has held my enthusiasm for this long. I have been most pleased to get to this level of completion without either hating my results of being distracted into different directions. ( That said I have started many side projects in the years I've been working on this.)
Keep well everyone.
Re: Hammertoe, my 16mm scale 45mm gauge Indoor layout
Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2026 9:41 am
by DCooper
My latest video. I'm trying to learn how to make the darn things work. Easier than I thought to work the software but much harder to make something that looks presentable.
I hope you enjoy my little efforts.
Re: Hammertoe, my 16mm scale 45mm gauge Indoor layout
Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2026 12:26 pm
by ge_rik
Looks pretty good to me
Rik