Swift Sixteen Brake Van review in SMT: Getting facts right

Announcements on new models and reviews should be posted here
JMORG
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Swift Sixteen Brake Van review in SMT: Getting facts right

Post by JMORG » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:32 pm

Hi all,
I'm sure that pretty much everyone has received the most recent SMT by now.
In the latest magazine, there is a review for Mr Bushils Brake Van (written by me). I would like to point out a very big error on my part. I stated in the review that Swift Sixteen use releasing agents after casting.
THIS IS WRONG!
Swift Sixteen has NEVER used the stuff!
I believed that all resin kits must use releasing agents. However, Mr Bushil does not.
So I would like to apologise to Rob Bushil for this catastrophic error on my part.
I would also encourage everybody to completely ignore that particular sentence of the article, although obviously a good wash before painting is still recommended because of contact with skin ect.
I hope that this little error has not affected anybodies opinions of the Swift Sixteen range, as they are utterly fabulous products and I would encourage everybody to have ago at atleast one of his kits.
Thank you very much for reading this,
Jason Morgan

MDLR
Driver
Driver

Post by MDLR » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:46 pm

I must confess I read that with a furrow in my brow.............. I know Mr Andel does use release agent, but I always thought Mr Swift Sixteen didn't...............
Brian L Dominic
Managing Director
Flagg Fluorspar Co
www.mdlr.co.uk/ff.html

jay1976
Fireman
Fireman

Post by jay1976 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:12 pm

i havent a clue what a releasing agent was till i googled it..

kandnwlr
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Re: Swift Sixteen Brake Van review in SMT: Getting facts rig

Post by kandnwlr » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:40 pm

JMORG:98113 wrote:Hi all,
I'm sure that pretty much everyone has received the most recent SMT by now.
In the latest magazine, there is a review for Mr Bushils Brake Van (written by me). I would like to point out a very big error on my part. I stated in the review that Swift Sixteen use releasing agents after casting.
THIS IS WRONG!
Swift Sixteen has NEVER used the stuff!
I believed that all resin kits must use releasing agents. However, Mr Bushil does not.
So I would like to apologise to Rob Bushil for this catastrophic error on my part.
I would also encourage everybody to completely ignore that particular sentence of the article, although obviously a good wash before painting is still recommended because of contact with skin ect.
I hope that this little error has not affected anybodies opinions of the Swift Sixteen range, as they are utterly fabulous products and I would encourage everybody to have ago at atleast one of his kits.
Thank you very much for reading this,
Jason Morgan
Thanks for clearing this up. Strangely I had a short chat with Rob on this last Peterboro, that was until my attention was captured by his wonderful steam tram.

bazzer42
Driver
Driver

Post by bazzer42 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:53 pm

It would take more than a slip of the pen to put me off swift sixteen kits. Rob's mouldings are awesome. I also would wash before painting. (The kit, not my underarms.)