ANLR Spring Steam up

If you would like to share some of your garden railway photographs or photos of prototypes which might inspire members, then please post them in here
DolwyddelanLightRail
Driver
Driver

ANLR Spring Steam up

Post by DolwyddelanLightRail » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:20 pm

Once again I made my way across the trecherous lands that are the Pennines and Lancashireshire to visit the ANLR on one of it's spring running sessions, which unveiled a few things.

Some of you may remember this loco known as Snowdon...

...and some may have noticed that it hasn't been seen anywhere recently.....

...but it's now back....

...after the Forest Fields Steamup in September last year Snowdon was sent away to the PTLR works where PTLRcecil has managed to turn it into what is called a "Super Lady Anne"...

After being fully repainted into black and the Penrhyn Lining scheme added with a lot of extra detailing and work being done to it over the past few months. However, I also brought along another black loco of mine

Pheonix came out for a small run

Whilst afterwards I ended up attempting to warp laalratty's engine shed roof with some steam

Not everything black was present though, Britomart was brought out for the promise for Victor Isle of the cab ride...which no doubt a report will arrive sometime soon!

...and once Victor Isle had been set on fire Snowdon came out for another run and suitably placed "Scarfell" the garret in it's place

and at the end of the day it was realized that the near original line up of the Dolwyddelan & Fron Goch Railway was present, so a mini line of up was made.

Over to the others for photos now!

laalratty
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by laalratty » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:44 pm

Guess its time for my photos then! Given that no North West Area Group member had so far volunteered to hold an event this year, I decided to get on with it, and also invited James across so that he could pick up a certain formerly green Lady Anne, and David (Resurgam05) was also invited and came up from North Wales. I'm not quite sure that he knew what he had let himself in for. As it was, the weather was awful for the first hour or so, but then dried up nicely and we got the NWAG year off to a good start.
First out in the sun, and before anyone else turned up, was Taliesin, also testing the relaid sections.
From the Pear Tree Light Railway (David's line) came Resurgam, the Roundhouse Linda, which did cop the worst of the weather. It's seen here at Ty Pren halt.
Meanwhile, the Pine Tree Light Railway sent Caradoc, beginning its world tour of NWAG to celebrate its 10th birthday. PTLRcecil has given it an extensive overhaul of the running gear, and also added some new cosmetic items. PTLRsam did not attend, due to a "single track mind" repairing heritage locos for a special event in a couple of weeks.
Snowdon putting its new found performance to use rescuing Kittiwake which was performing poorly for some reason.
Duncan from the Ingleton Mountain Railway with a short goods. We're off there next week.
Pheonix was also visiting, on its way to the PTLR works for some fettling.
Countess crosses Ty Gwydir crossing, one of Victor Isle's concerns sorted!
Steam from Pheonix adds atmosphere at Afonglas sheds.
Finally, Scafell was unleashed for driver training purposes, with the sun back out making for a lovely late afternoon.
My thanks to all those who came, it was a good afternoon in the end despite the wet start. James decided to stay for the weekend, so we went to the SLR north this afternoon for more fun and games.
"What the hell is that?"
"It's a model icebreaker sir."
"It's a bit big isn't it?"
"It's a full scale model sir....."

Woodfields Light Railway
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by Woodfields Light Railway » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:07 am

DolwyddelanLightRail, is Britomart a mamod?
"So, when is this newfangled railway coming?"
"When we have enough money..."
"Where is this money coming from?"
"Havent thought that far..."

pauly
Driver
Driver

Post by pauly » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:18 am

Woodfields Light Railway:98192 wrote:DolwyddelanLightRail, is Britomart a mamod?
I can confirm that Brit is indeed an upgraded Mamod
A steam propelled life-style.

Woodfields Light Railway
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by Woodfields Light Railway » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:18 am

Thanks!!!
"So, when is this newfangled railway coming?"
"When we have enough money..."
"Where is this money coming from?"
"Havent thought that far..."

laurence703
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by laurence703 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:24 pm

Fantastic photos as always! I do like the look of Snowdon very much so!
No one expects the SPANISH ACQUISITION!!!

kandnwlr
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by kandnwlr » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:17 pm

Where does Phoenix come from?

DolwyddelanLightRail
Driver
Driver

Post by DolwyddelanLightRail » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:36 pm

kandnwlr:98227 wrote:Where does Phoenix come from?
The engine or the name?

Victor Isle
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by Victor Isle » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:32 pm

This was indeed a good event, although it came as no surprise to see the loco from the Silverdale Light Railway (North) needing to be towed in by another loco.