IP Engineering Replacement Chassis

A place for discussing battery-electric locomotives, whether they're diesel, steam or even electric outline
cheshire
Cleaner
Cleaner

IP Engineering Replacement Chassis

Post by cheshire » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:18 pm

I have a roughly 3 year old IP Engineering Lucy. It has never run that well, whatever I do the wheels will not stay in the correct place and so it derails frequently (probably as a result of my construction). I took it out of storage yesterday only to find that it won't run (this has been an intermittent problem for a while now). The battery pack is fine, but the motor is dead, as is the wiring (I am certain of both these facts). The question is this: buy a replacement IP Engineering chassis and speed controller (I have not been that impressed with the original ones) or replace the chassis motor and speed controller with another brand, or replace the whole loco. Finances are stretched, so I am looking for a cheap option, but then there is false economy as well. Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Graff B.
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by Graff B. » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:53 pm

Hi Cheshire.
In my experience, I would recommend an Essel engineering chassis or a Roger Hine chassis. I have loco's built by both of these and they are well made, powerfull, and durable. Hope this helps.
Alan.

sstjc
Fireman
Fireman

Post by sstjc » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:03 pm

Cheapest option i'd say is to stick an HGLW power chassis underneath it. £19.75 for the 4WD or if you are really stretched go for the 2wd at £16.75... http://www.eagleassist.com/hglw/kits.html
You won't loose out because you can always use it for another engine if the worst comes to the worst.
Regards
Barry

www.5inchrail.com