Accucraft LYN

Discussion of Live Steam locomotives should be located here
Johnnie2sheds
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Accucraft LYN

Post by Johnnie2sheds » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:55 pm

I heard somewhere that Accucraft are reintroducing this loco. Indeed it has not been moved into the discontinued section of their website. I tried to get hold of one previously, but life got in the way. Anyone know what is going on? Yes I am looking for one :)

Gremlin
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by Gremlin » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:37 pm

I had to get Accucraft to make a new piston block for mine, which they did, no complaints there. It was mentioned in conversation that they wouldn't be making Lyn again. Mind you the previous year they told me a new engine was coming, it wouldn't be Mortimer again but we know what happened there. So who knows.

laalratty
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by laalratty » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:48 pm

When Accucraft discontinue locos, they sometimes only disappear for a year or two before being re-introduced for one or two batches, so it would not be a complete surprise if they planned to bring Lyn back again, possibly in connection with the completion of the replica for the Lynton and Barnstaple.
"What the hell is that?"
"It's a model icebreaker sir."
"It's a bit big isn't it?"
"It's a full scale model sir....."

LnBmad
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by LnBmad » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:49 pm

laalratty:97021 wrote:When Accucraft discontinue locos, they sometimes only disappear for a year or two before being re-introduced for one or two batches, so it would not be a complete surprise if they planned to bring Lyn back again, possibly in connection with the completion of the replica for the Lynton and Barnstaple.
If this is the case my credit card will cry...
If it can be made full scale it can be made 16mm

My line: http://gardenrails.myfreeforum.org/about7200.html

Johnnie2sheds
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by Johnnie2sheds » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:58 pm

Funnily enough laalratty.......That is what I heard/read but I can't for the life of me remember where.
I may have dreamt it?
I must be going gaga.

cncmodeller
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by cncmodeller » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:31 pm

I'm with you there once I get my Accucraft Lew I'm on the look out for a Lyn as well, with the programme I watched about China's potentially damaged economy I have a gut feeling the 'cheap' quality railway items coming out of there might dry up at some point in the near future. Hope I'm wrong....