moving house in 3 weeks

This is the place to talk about news, TV, music and other hobbies
jay1976
Fireman
Fireman

moving house in 3 weeks

Post by jay1976 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:47 pm

I am now moving house on 27january and new house comes with bigger back garden already planning with the planner of a railway to go along 1 side and into a shed already in the garden(handy for station in there) then a loop back into the garden..

only bad bit i now need to pack all house hold junk to move that junk into new house over a weekend..

Peter L
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by Peter L » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:28 pm

You'll have to keep us appraised as your new line goes in :D

LnBmad
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by LnBmad » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:44 pm

Where you moving to buddy? Let us know if you need a hand with the railway at all.
If it can be made full scale it can be made 16mm

My line: http://gardenrails.myfreeforum.org/about7200.html

sstjc
Fireman
Fireman

Post by sstjc » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:37 pm

Best of luck with that I know what its like.

At the beginning of December I though that as I hadn't got any updates from my estate agent or solicitor I would email to find out how things were. Bare in mind that until this point I had been told our sale would complete around the middle to end of January so I thought i'd leave finding a property to rent until after Christmas. The next morning I got the reply " you are moving in 9 days time"....

"Oh no i'm not" I responded
"Oh yes you are" (you could tell it was panto season). "If you don't move then the people at the bottom of the chain will pull out"

Mad panic ensued.... I had a busy callout week as well so was working nights and packing days. But I found a house to rent and hired vans and and and phew!... We made it !

I have to say that it does sound like you have the garden sorted at your new place already. Can you remember what the house that you will be living in is like :-)
Regards
Barry

www.5inchrail.com

jim@NAL
Driver
Driver

Post by jim@NAL » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:15 pm

good luck with the move

jay1976
Fireman
Fireman

Post by jay1976 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:52 pm

new house is 1 mile away from where we are now..
i also has the bigger garden to the neighbours as its a end house with garage beside the house and garden goes behind the garage.(simlar size to barley pit railway garden (lnbmad/matt))
booking moving van as will move in a weekend and then move junk o the tip during the week,we move jan 31 and have to be out of current house by 10feb so we got a bit of time

Big Jim

Post by Big Jim » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:21 pm

Good Luck with the move, I don't envy you at all. I have still got boxes sealed up that I filled when I moved 20 years ago, or four houses ago!

Still a nice big empty garden is always a challenge.
If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer!