Charles with and without coal truck R/C

Discussion of Live Steam locomotives should be located here
Palmerston
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Charles with and without coal truck R/C

Post by Palmerston » Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:03 pm

Hello

Would like to convert my 2009 Charles with the coal truck to the new Charles without. Yes, i have both articels of GR and SMT.

Can somenone post a pic how Roundhouse has fitted the equipment on the 2012 series.

Live steam on 45 & 184mm, battery 45mm only.

steamie1
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

only an idea

Post by steamie1 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:55 pm

My pal came round with an Accucraft Lyn commercialy fitted r/c awfull. Wrong place for heat....Sometimes ones own layout is best. How about under the cab inside chassis frame, cool see. enough roon for a 2.4ghz rx + the reg servo Hitec hs85mg say or 56 for smaller. Small hole in cab floor for push rod. Leave Fwd Rev as manual. Batteries on cab roof AAA flat pack Or tiny lipo by gas tank....Just ideas..All the best..

tom_tom_go
Driver
Driver

Post by tom_tom_go » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:16 am

If you contact Roundhouse I am sure they will give all the info you need.

Palmerston
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by Palmerston » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:50 pm

Am sure they will, but both they and i have a holiday and free time is limited.....
Live steam on 45 & 184mm, battery 45mm only.

steamie1
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by steamie1 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:20 pm

Get everything working dry ie not fixed first...

Fixing servos can be easy, I rough up the outer body casing to give a key and epoxy them to a cool surface.In your case under cab inside chassis rails. A simple brass strap fashioned later adds security. Always put the rx where the bind lead can be accessed and led seen. Batteries, I foil wrapp and stand off metal work that gets warm or glue to a slither of wood to insulate from heat, again epoxy holds under small heat. The cab should be fine. Small AAA flat packs from overlander. I shorten the switch harness wiring as space is a premium. This could again be in cab glued to battery pack. Hope this helps...