Layout time!

A place for the discussion of garden railways and any garden style/scale portable and/or indoor layouts
Adam R
Cleaner
Cleaner

Layout time!

Post by Adam R » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:22 pm

Not being allowed to run trains down the garden, Shame as theres room for a 40 meter run up one side, and another 10 meters at the bottom before another 40 meters back...

I packed all my track away, and left it behind the shed, as dry storage space was a premium.

Needless to say it was softwood and has gone a bit manky.

Fast forward to the 1000 engine rally 2012, the manky track was out and laid straight onto grass, trains ran, ish, but its not ideal we had thrills and spills

But the little steam trains proved a Hit with the youngsters, around the base of the stationary engines, and as such, we have decided to build a line on boards!

It wont happen instantly, we have to plan it so its small enough to transport in a trailer behind the landrover with the landrover full of stock/ and camping gear, but big enough to allow an accucraft Baldwin round the bends! the boards have to be easy to pack up/ level out to minimise derailments and it has to be scenic with buildings on it that I can use on my own line when I get that far!

Luckily I know an ace woodworker with the workshop of dreams so the baseboards wont be an issue!

ill update this as/when this goes ahead, and see what happens!

tom_tom_go
Driver
Driver

Post by tom_tom_go » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:28 pm

Good luck Adam, sounds interesting.

Pics would be good ;)

Cheers,

Tom