Peco Point levers!!!

Anything related to the garden railway world that is not catered for in another board
Post Reply
Sammmm

Peco Point levers!!!

Post by Sammmm » Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:14 pm

AVOID them i just spent £30 on bits of plastic that might aswell just be for show they are appauling, does anyone have any suggestions on better ones

Narrow Minded

Post by Narrow Minded » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:05 pm

I'd suggest either to make your own from brass tube, rod & wire, or Tenmille.

User avatar
tom_tom_go
Driver
Driver
Posts: 4824
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:08 am
Location: Kent, UK
Contact:

Post by tom_tom_go » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:10 pm

Hi Sam,

I am going to give these a go once I get round to setting my points up (you need to look down the page a fair bit):

http://www.cliffbarker.talktalk.net/gauge1products.html

I have bought stuff from Cliff before and the quality is excellent. If I had discovered his products sooner I would of bought his stainless steel track over Peco.

Cheers,

Tom

Sammmm

Post by Sammmm » Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:38 pm

Thanks for the replys :) i may try the tenmille ones or possibly brandbright have some but they maybe just the tenmille ones ???

Vapouriser

Peco point levers

Post by Vapouriser » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:50 pm

I bought some hornby tinplate track to use on an oval and coal yard but the point levers got in Ragleth s way. So I sawed them off. As they re not really needed on the overgrown yard I though I d use the on the Peco points( old ones I bought) havnt done it yet but its just a bit of wire and screw them down out the way.

Sammmm

Re: Peco point levers

Post by Sammmm » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:09 pm

Vapouriser:72169 wrote:I bought some hornby tinplate track to use on an oval and coal yard but the point levers got in Ragleth s way. So I sawed them off.  As they re not really needed on the overgrown yard I though I d use the on the Peco points( old ones  I bought) havnt done it yet but its just a bit of wire and screw them down out the way.
The peco ones i have are quite tall but can be installed a way back but the mechanism its shockinly bad and doesnt look like it would last a week, so think ill get some tenmille ones as they are much more robust

User avatar
planty
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman
Posts: 169
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:23 pm
Location: Wakefield
Contact:

Post by planty » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:28 am

Totally agree on the peco points. Very plastic, poor when put together and barely work without a bit of customisation

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 38 guests