PECO Track

Anything related to the garden railway world that is not catered for in another board
Post Reply
freelander

PECO Track

Post by freelander » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:06 pm

has anybody used the Peco gauge 1 track?
how will it match up to Tenmille or LGB track or have you to use a special rail connector. looking at purchasing some at the 16mm show at the end of the month

freelander

Dave S

Re: PECO Track

Post by Dave S » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:50 pm

I use some Peco G45 track on my garden railway and it's very good. It requires a firmer foundation than the larger LGB type track (which I also use) and if you wanted to "float" in ballast then you would have to bend the rails with a rail bender. Peco also sell special connectors for attaching the track to code 332 rail :D

freelander

PECO TRACK

Post by freelander » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:58 pm

Hi Dave , I already use the peco G45 points with the plastic joiners but I noticed that Peco also do gauge 1 (advertised by Trackshack). thanks for your reply

freelander

Dave S

Re: PECO TRACK

Post by Dave S » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:20 pm

Yes, it's for standard gauge i.e. 1/32 or 10mm scale railways. I may be buying some (from Trackshack) soon as I'm just getting into this scale :D

Endless, Nameless

Post by Endless, Nameless » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:36 pm

They are different rail profiles, sleeper heights and sleeper spacings so you will have to use packing to bring the rail height up to match your existing track, and modified/ special track joiners (I have no idea if such a thing exists, personally I'd use a pair of pliers and adapt!)- and it will look different too.

Peco gauge 1 track uses the same rail profile ("code 200") as Peco SM32. Peco SM45 uses code 250.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 30 guests