Festiniog Coach No.38 Hudson ToastRack

Discussion of Rolling Stock related topics should go here
METHSSNIFFER
Driver
Driver

Festiniog Coach No.38 Hudson ToastRack

Post by METHSSNIFFER » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:41 pm

. :D
Last edited by METHSSNIFFER on Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

laalratty
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by laalratty » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:50 pm

Looks like you've made a cracking job of that, looks excellent
"What the hell is that?"
"It's a model icebreaker sir."
"It's a bit big isn't it?"
"It's a full scale model sir....."

METHSSNIFFER
Driver
Driver

Post by METHSSNIFFER » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:06 pm

These are the bogies supplied by Slaters expensive but worthwhile when building the prototype.
[
Last edited by METHSSNIFFER on Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Keith S
Driver
Driver

Post by Keith S » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:45 pm

Mr Meths, very sad to hear about your heartbreaking event, I hope your hobby is comforting to you. I think your new carriage is excellent so far, those bogies will look good and the woodwork in the coach body looks very accurate indeed.

METHSSNIFFER
Driver
Driver

Post by METHSSNIFFER » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:05 pm

Things are progressing really well and coaches are awaiting the paintshop.. Blanche is currently being overhauled and is also booked in for lining and cylinder cover repaint

Pendo Pilot
Driver
Driver

Post by Pendo Pilot » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:13 pm

Just caught up on this thread, very sorry to hear about your loss, terribly tragic.

Coach does look superb & good to see you still doing something that you both enjoyed a fitting event indeed.
Tommy Dodd may have an ARS key but I have a TASS button & a Rope Ladder, just like pirates, except the TASS button bit.

taliesin001
Driver
Driver

Post by taliesin001 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:58 pm

sorry to hear of your loss, very sad. The coach is looking excellent though, keep it up :D

METHSSNIFFER
Driver
Driver

Post by METHSSNIFFER » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:45 pm

Thankyou ...

Crackingjob
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by Crackingjob » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:06 pm

Yes I too lost a loved one...my Dad end of June, who was often my inspiration and many of his old 7mm bits and bobs have been used on locos etc...but he knew I was building a strange machine...trouble is I have loads of projects to get finished but this one is near the top.
He has held the bits for the AGPrice logging loco (from a book I can remember he had and i now have) and I will be naming it after him John Dennis...that way I know our joint hobby and fun can continue

Could your coach have your girlfriends name on? a bit like a Pullman has...sorry if it sound crass but its possible a nice way to feel she is always with you and to remember her love for railways

The coach looks great...you must finish it!

Crackingjob

METHSSNIFFER
Driver
Driver

Post by METHSSNIFFER » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:46 pm

Hi

Thanks for your comments and Im sorry of your loss too. What a great idea you have in naming something after your Dad and your comments are very inspiring. Thankyou. I will certainly do the same but not this coach she was scared of travelling in these open coaches and had a panic in one that I had to jump out and alert the guard (the coach was stationary may I say) to let her out. She loved the comfort of enclosed coaches and her last journey was in coach 14 in the summer of last year on the Festiniog. I have a model of this coach in Lynton and Barnstable form and this will be converted at some point in time to that of the FR..and maybe she will be modelled in fimo and dressed as she was in the blue FR fleece..it seems we share something in common unfinished projects but Im cracking on slow but sure and you do the same.

METHSSNIFFER
Driver
Driver

Post by METHSSNIFFER » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:12 am

I must finish it .. well its nearly there and has gone through the paintshop ..roof is fitted and felted. Just little bits to complete door handles, hinges, vac pipes and transfers. The grab handles have  been formed and soldered. These are mounted above the doors and need to be added. So its nearing at the end of the production line.