LNWR coal tank 1054...

This is the place to talk about news, TV, music and other hobbies
MamodFan
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

LNWR coal tank 1054...

Post by MamodFan » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:33 pm

Hello! Just to inform any standard gauge fans out there the big return of the national trust owned "coal tank" will take place this February during the Winter steam gala, it will be joined by The national collections Super D (renumbered on Friday as 49121, the loco used with 1054 on the last train from Abergavenny to Merthyr) I've been involved with the engine for over a year now so i thought I'd share her with you! So here you go! :)

Here is the smoke box when i arrived, It was brand new, the paint work was flaking off so i got the job of stripping it.... Joy...

Here is the boiler, it was on a low mac for work, here tubes are being expanded (after me and my mate fit all 198 of them....)

Here the slide bars are being fitted and set, The closest set aren't in because the lower one was rather worn, so a new one was being fabricated...

Later on now, We were in the process of testing the boiler, with the hydrolic done and passed, she had her first steaming in 13 years....

With that out of the way the boiler and cladding were refitted...

Then, after some valves and buffer beams being fitted, she was finished, Ready for her first moves in Ingrow yard...

And after a few days on the branch as running in, she's all ready for her big launch! So make sure your up for our Winter gala on the 10/11/12 on February!!! See you there! :)
http://www.kwvr.co.uk/events/item/27-wi ... -gala.html
Thanks

Callum Of The Springside Light Railway

Pretoria
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by Pretoria » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:18 pm

;) That's a big Mamod ! Best not let James near it.

Excellent job though.

:wave:

SillyBilly
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by SillyBilly » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:54 pm

This is a proper engine, I can't wait to have a go on or behind it. Very tempted to go to the Feb gala, the same pairing might be at Llangollen, but it won't be anywhere near as good as on the valley.

MamodFan
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by MamodFan » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:46 pm

SillyBilly:64499 wrote:This is a proper engine, I can't wait to have a go on or behind it. Very tempted to go to the Feb gala, the same pairing might be at Llangollen, but it won't be anywhere near as good as on the valley.
The super D will be with it at Llangollen, but not renumbered, only here can you see that! :)
Thanks

Callum Of The Springside Light Railway

DWR
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by DWR » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:52 pm

I'm planning to go to the gala cant wait to see it and ride behind it, nice job :)
Romans and railways

my 32mm Railway site
www.dinerthrailwayworks.webs.com/
7 1/4 railway
www.lnwrrailway.webs.com/
my youtube account
http://www.youtube.com/user/elika80?feature=mhee
PENRHYN RAILWAY
http://www.penrhynrailway.co.uk/

SillyBilly
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by SillyBilly » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:38 pm

MamodFan:64528 wrote:
SillyBilly:64499 wrote:This is a proper engine, I can't wait to have a go on or behind it. Very tempted to go to the Feb gala, the same pairing might be at Llangollen, but it won't be anywhere near as good as on the valley.
The super D will be with it at Llangollen, but not renumbered, only here can you see that! :)
I don't care about the number, I care about the great noise the Super D & Coal Tank will make on the Worth Valley, but not at Llangollen.