The de-frocking of Lyn

Discussion of Live Steam locomotives should be located here
MTA

The de-frocking of Lyn

Post by MTA » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:34 pm

Calm down, it's not what you think!

After Lyn's failure on only her second run, I stripped off her tanks and cab and set to.

A tip for those of us with Lyn's; should you feel brave enough, to facilitate the removal of just the cab in future using side cutters or a razor saw cut through the dummy injector pipework where it goes into the cab from the tanks. So in future you just need to slip out the dummy steam pipe and undo the six screws holding the cab on...

It turns out that the gas jet was simply blocked, rather than the gas getting too cold. And no wonder, the PTFE tape was resting in the jet holder and had clearly been nowhere near any threads...

I've decided to move the R/C receiver into the bunker. I already had the smaller Planet receiver with the pins mounted on top rather than the end for my Merlin Maestro, so I changed it for that in the Lyn.

I also had the R/C regulator arm which was intended for the Ragleth so this has been fitted too. A bit of rejigging of pipework and some custom servo posts should see the regulator servo fitted soon.

Stay tuned, folks!