Death by small trains!!!!

This is the place to talk about news, TV, music and other hobbies
thecsmann
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Death by small trains!!!!

Post by thecsmann » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:52 pm

death by train well all most normally i would have been under that lot watching tv but i was still playing a game on the pc , two battery locos have died (i will try to resurrect) and most of the others have some damaged!!

Narrow Minded
Driver
Driver

Post by Narrow Minded » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:27 pm

O, M, G! :shock:

I feel sick!

(I hope one of the Kerr Stuarts wasn't one of the battery loco's ~ otherwise I'll feel partly responsible! :cry: )

pauly
Driver
Driver

Post by pauly » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:37 pm

I too sleep under a large collection of steam toys, makes me nervous thinking about the damage they could do to me if the shelves gave way...
A steam propelled life-style.

mhlr
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by mhlr » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:49 pm

Oooooouuuuuuuuuccccccccchhhhhhhhh! Not good!

At least those steamers are well made and landed on your matress (and at least not you as well!)!

TommyDodd
Fireman
Fireman

Post by TommyDodd » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:13 pm

Cringes & Winces! A true heart-in-your-boots moment. Hope it's not as bad as it looks.
Well, now we know the buffer-stops work! (Heard at 2013 "Longest Day" solstice steamup)

Narrow Minded
Driver
Driver

Post by Narrow Minded » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:26 pm

Has anyone else noticed that this thread keeps appearing next to the "Well Caught" one!? 8)

MuzTrem
Driver
Driver

Post by MuzTrem » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:33 pm

And the moral of the story is...keep your steam engines under the bed! (Well wrapped up to protect them from dust, of course.)

Seriously, though, you seem to have had a lucky escape. That lot could probably have done you a serious injury.

Pretoria
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by Pretoria » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:54 pm

:cry: Just be glad that you don't model in 5 inch NG !! That would have given you a headache. :pale:

Keith S
Driver
Driver

Post by Keith S » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:00 am

Well, judging by the number of locomotives there, along with the other items it looks like you had close to a hundred pounds on that shelf. Luckily it didn't land on you. Hopefully the next shelf is stronger, or you find more space for all those engines. I hope you can repair them!

METHSSNIFFER
Driver
Driver

Post by METHSSNIFFER » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:33 am

You must be in tears.. how awful I really feel for you. I do hope the damage is not that bad. Falling on to the bed cushioned their landing somewhat..but not alot. I can only say never store your locos on shelves. Best in boxes under the bed.

pauly
Driver
Driver

Post by pauly » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:10 am

It would be a funny entry into the Doctors journal if theyd landed on you though! :lol:
A steam propelled life-style.

thecsmann
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by thecsmann » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:38 am

well my hand was on the mouse seen next to Russel!! 11 locos were involved!

the battery locos killed are... the andel baguley and the lister which were on my work bench(bit of old kitchen side) the baguley as it is made from resin the body shattered.. looks repairable except for the cab roof. the lister is now back in kit form so will need the old glue cleaned off before going back together.

the up side down loco on tailesin is a wd Baldwin... i have yet to access the full damage to the other locos. but if you do drop locos better to drop accucraft ones as the body work is less likely to bend then on a roundhouse loco.....

no room under bed to put them that's full of rolling stock.... the shelf has been there for years ..

Narrow Minded
Driver
Driver

Post by Narrow Minded » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:48 am

Ouch!

It begs the question, where do folk keep their Loco's & rolling stock??
I make sure I have a carrying case (usually a suitable sized toolbox) for each of my loco's. These are stacked at the bottom of the stairs.
My rolling stock lives in the stackable stout card "veg" boxes (look on the fruit & veg isles in Tesco's ;) ) which are piled in the box room. ("Studio", "spare room", "glory hole" ;) )

Marquis DeCarabas
Fireman
Fireman

Post by Marquis DeCarabas » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:41 pm

Narrow Minded:62752 wrote:Ouch!

It begs the question, where do folk keep their Loco's & rolling stock??
It'd take too long to explain exactly why but..... mine are in my spare houses. :shock:
De Carabas

At the service of angelislington

DolwyddelanLightRail
Driver
Driver

Post by DolwyddelanLightRail » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:29 pm

Well, when most of my locos were over in Wales, they were kept in cupboards on show, and in York, they're now subject to just anywhere that's ish out of the way :lol: so 2 are on the floor in they're shoe boxes, and one normally lives on the kitchen side next the sink!

Jerm
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by Jerm » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:24 pm

Words can not describe the look of horror that just washed over my face.

Wow. Commiserations, friend!

MuzTrem
Driver
Driver

Post by MuzTrem » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:59 pm

My bedroom has built-in wardrobes, so most of my stock lives on the floor in one of those. No room for the bogie coaches, though, so they go under the bed.

Matt
Driver
Driver

Post by Matt » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:08 pm

Mine live either under the bed or on a wide window shelf on the opposite side of the room from my bed.
Garden Railways-best hobby in the world.

MDLR
Driver
Driver

Post by MDLR » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:24 pm

Narrow Minded:62752 wrote:It begs the question, where do folk keep their Locos & rolling stock??
Rolling stock lives in the shed / workshop, in stackable open top boxes (goods / PW stock) or closed top storage boxes, sectioned off with closed cell foam ("small" rolling stock for Flagg Fluorspar). The 4 bogie coaches have their own custom-made double-deck wooden carrying box.

Steam locos live in the house - I once had two stolen out of the shed (nothing else was even touched) so since then they live indoors.
Brian L Dominic
Managing Director
Flagg Fluorspar Co
www.mdlr.co.uk/ff.html

ptlrcecil
Driver
Driver

Post by ptlrcecil » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:10 pm

S##t Sorry to see that mate.
On a light note some of my battery engines are on a shelf above my bed, we got a rude awaking at 2am when one of then decided to go for a wander, off the shelf down 3 ft then onto my face. Best alarm clock ever. Unfortuantly for me though it was an Andel thingy so on impact the resin shattered into more fragments than the sum of hydrogen atoms in the known universe.
http://www.freewebs.com/pinetreelightrailway/index.

Cecil your engines on Fire!

Its a Mamod it does that.