Driver
Driver

Post by Sir haydn » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:06 pm

James-Buzz
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by James-Buzz » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:04 pm

From the horses mouth.........

ALL the ranges are available including the FR ranges, BUT they will not be carried as an "in stock" item, the minimum order will be 10 units for which a discount will be given, negotiable at time of order but up to 20% on the single unit rrp.

IP are going to produce 16mm scale kits and move away from "chunky" Roundhouse scaled rolling stock.

There are no plans to introduce a live steam loco, something which was talked about during 2010.

The new range will be on show at the 16mm AGM.
James of Dunstable.

James-Buzz
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by James-Buzz » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:10 pm

And they are not in financial trouble, far from it, business is very good. Carrying hundreds of thousands of pounds of stock sat waiting to be sold makes poor business sense these days, hence slimming down the items available "off the shelf".

Seems the only ones not on the ball are Roundhouse.
James of Dunstable.

Keith S
Driver
Driver

Post by Keith S » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:24 pm

James-Buzz:50939 wrote: Seems the only ones not on the ball are Roundhouse.
Well then it seems like a sound business decision then doesn't it, excluding all the Roundhouse and Accucraft owners from your client base!

Somehow I don't think people are going to stop buying Roundhouse engines in favour of something else which matches IP carriages.

James-Buzz
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by James-Buzz » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:20 pm

Keith S:50942 wrote:
Well then it seems like a sound business decision then doesn't it, excluding all the Roundhouse and Accucraft owners from your client base!

Somehow I don't think people are going to stop buying Roundhouse engines in favour of something else which matches IP carriages.
Accucraft loco's, carriages and wagons all match in scale. The IP range will complement this and any other 16mm models, which more recently have included Tom Rolt and Taliesin from roundhouse which are more or less correct to scale, the Lady Anne and others from the Roundhouse range that are freelance scale are not going to be catered for by IP, you can still put IP stock behind it, but the engine will look more "chunky" as the stock is made more in keeping with traditional 16mm scale.
James of Dunstable.

Driver
Driver

Post by 90733 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:05 pm

I don't care, aslong as they aren't minute, its narrow gauge, its never standrd lol :lol:
Thanks
Jack

bessytractor
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by bessytractor » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:34 pm

good job a set scale is forbidden on my line  :lol:

I like the look of the Tralee and Dingle railbus. As a fan of the Irish 3 foot I will probably get two of those to run back to back.
proudly flying in the face of convention

Keith S
Driver
Driver

Post by Keith S » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:57 pm

James-Buzz:50951 wrote:
Keith S:50942 wrote:

Accucraft loco's, carriages and wagons all match in scale.  The IP range will complement this and any other 16mm models, which more recently have included Tom Rolt and Taliesin from roundhouse which are more or less correct to scale, the Lady Anne and others from the Roundhouse range that are freelance scale are not going to be catered for by IP, you can still put IP stock behind it, but the engine will look more "chunky" as the stock is made more in keeping with traditional 16mm scale.
Are you saying "Edrig" or "Ragleth", or whatever they are called, are 16mm scale, but Lady Anne isn't? I just looked and the "Lawley", (similar "bagnall"-like engine to a "lady anne") is the same height, and longer, than a "Lady Anne". Maybe the Accucraft "freelance" engines are "scale width": 9mm narrower than roundhouse. I dunno, chum, I think if something matches an Accucraft "freelance" engine it will probably match a Lady Anne too.

I'm approaching the whole garden railway thing from the "live steam" angle, that is, if I build a railway for me it will just be a thing to run steam engines on. I'd be perfectly happy with traction engines if they could be made to follow a path around my garden.

That being the case, I thought it was nice that someone made carriages that looked well behind a Roundhouse "freelance" locomotive. I'm sure there are many people out there who couldn't give a fig for "scale" beyond choosing rolling stock that matches the locomotives. I think catering specifically to scale-model purists will result in fewer sales personally, but I guess instead of complaining about it, I'd better get cracking and order some I.P. "Roundhouse" carriages before they stop selling them!

Just one less place to buy rolling stock now, as far as I'm concerned.
Last edited by Keith S on Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

pauly
Driver
Driver

Post by pauly » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:14 pm

Dont get the RoundHouse coaches there s**t!
the laser cut freelance coaches are built to match RoundHouse locos and are miles better!
A steam propelled life-style.

Keith S
Driver
Driver

Post by Keith S » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:28 pm

Oh, OK "freelance" it is then. I guess I'd better still hurry.