Mamod cosmetic upgrade Part 3

What is your latest project?
MamodFan
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Mamod cosmetic upgrade Part 3

Post by MamodFan » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:54 pm

Hello again! today my nameplates arrived! :O :) Look absolutly great and shall be painting (hopefully) and putting them on after painting the engine!! :D Heres some pictures...

I like them alot!!! Bought from Narrow Planet :D
Thanks

Callum Of The Springside Light Railway

Hancockshire
Driver
Driver

Post by Hancockshire » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:35 pm

I need to get something sorted with Agnus some time soon. She needs an identity & a make over but while we are on the subject of cosmetics, I am unsure whether to put on dumb buffers with the centre couplings or not but also if replacement buffer beams will foul the cab back. I have come up with a crafty idea though on just having dumb buffers but with some wire going across them & a four link chain attached. I personally think it's a good idea as it will save money, I'll have fun working on the design & it wont foul the engine in any way.
Those plates look really good. I had some on order but then I lost all my money when I bought Agnus & couldn't buy them but look at what I sacrificed that for. A close to mint condition SL1

mhlr
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by mhlr » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:07 pm

You could just replace the side buffers with dumb buffers and leave the standard hook. Then it's easy to put it back to original. I did it with my Janet, still toying with fitting multiheight couplings in the middle...

Hancockshire
Driver
Driver

Post by Hancockshire » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:04 pm

mhlr:47903 wrote:You could just replace the side buffers with dumb buffers and leave the standard hook. Then it's easy to put it back to original
Funny you should say that because I did exactly that. I put in some wire in the top between the buffers that make a hook in the middle so it works with normal rolling stock with the original coupling loops. I've tested the couplings & they work beautifully. I have retained the original buffer beams but just repainted the bits they were screwed onto in red. To restore to original spec, take off new couplings, paint surfaces back to black & replace buffer beams. The engine wont be original for long mind. That's why I wanted a tired engine so I can spruce it up. My one may look close to mint but the paint on the boiler has bubbled & it flaking off, the normal paint is starting to come off & there is a painted pressure gauge in the cab. Good engine for a spruce up. The only thing I wanted was a good runner with good brass work on it but paint is run down. That is a good description of my engine. I just want want to put it in my livery now seeing as it's couplings are sorted