Moving house

This is the place to talk about news, TV, music and other hobbies
Merddin Emrys
Fireman
Fireman

Moving house

Post by Merddin Emrys » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:16 pm

Hi all, seems ages since I've been on here :( there's nothing wrong , we've been very preoccupied with house selling and bungalow hunting :lol: our house (which is far too big and expensive to heat!) is sold subject to contract and we've found a very nice bungalow in Penrhyn Bay, Llandudno, the garden is smaller than ideal but plenty big enough for a garden Railway :D :D 8) So at last I'll be able to run Linda on something other than one box of Peco sm32 track laid out! I'm thinking of calling the railway 'The Penrhyn Railway' (we will be right near the old limestone quarry on the Little Orme which had a 3 foot gauge railway, finding any info on it is very hard so far :lol: )
This week we've also been very busy looking after a crow that we found in Criccieth on Tuesday afternoon, we were able to pick him up and very patiently get food in him, it was touch and go as he's very thin but he's started to feed himself now :D I've called him 'Merlin' and he is very tame and very intellegent! He can fly a short distance but needs to build his chest up big time to fly any distance. Fingers crossed that he survives, it's always touch and go rescuing wild birds!

DolwyddelanLightRail
Driver
Driver

Post by DolwyddelanLightRail » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:53 pm

Congratulations on the move! :D and Penrhyn bay is literally 3 miles from school! :lol: I love the crow as well, it could be a symbol for the railway as well! :D

mhlr
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by mhlr » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:57 pm

Nice, good luck with building a railway! It is always the most exciting part, planning it, then seeing it all come together! "Penrhyn Bay Railway" sounds lovely to me, you could make some sort of harbour side terminus or something... just me thinking out loud! :lol:

SillyBilly
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by SillyBilly » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:58 pm

Great news Andy, hope it all goes well for you.

Dr. Bond of the DVLR
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by Dr. Bond of the DVLR » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:57 pm

What a magnificent bird. Another new railway! This summer will be interesting! A 3foot gauge tramway eh - going 45mm?
The railway which people forgot
(to build)

Merddin Emrys
Fireman
Fireman

Post by Merddin Emrys » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:17 pm

DolwyddelanLightRail wrote:Congratulations on the move!  :D and Penrhyn bay is literally 3 miles from school!  :lol: I love the crow as well, it could be a symbol for the railway as well! :D
Thanks, there is the Leighton 'Buzzard' Railway (well worth a visit! :D ) so I could have the 'Penrhyn Crow' Railway? :lol:

Merddin Emrys
Fireman
Fireman

Post by Merddin Emrys » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:20 pm

mhlr wrote:Nice, good luck with building a railway! It is always the most exciting part, planning it, then seeing it all come together! "Penrhyn Bay Railway" sounds lovely to me, you could make some sort of harbour side terminus or something... just me thinking out loud!  :lol:
That's a great idea :idea: it could justify a small pond and on the Little Orme is the remains from where the boats used to load up with limestone!

Merddin Emrys
Fireman
Fireman

Post by Merddin Emrys » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:23 pm

Mr. Bond of the DVLR wrote:What a magnificent bird. Another new railway! This summer will be interesting! A 3foot gauge tramway eh - going 45mm?

Well the real Limestone railway was 3 foot, but I'm strictly 32mm :lol:  But I could add a 45mm part possibly? one day? :lol:

By the way many congatulations on your new position as chairman 8)

Merddin Emrys
Fireman
Fireman

Post by Merddin Emrys » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:41 pm

Well after the most stressfull house sale I've ever known :evil: contracts were exchanged yesterday and we move to Llandudno tomorrow :D :D Once there it seems that it can take up to 10 days to get the broadband up and running :roll: :cry: It was bad enough getting the post redirected! In contrast to the sale problems the purchase of the bungalow was effortless, stressfree!

The crow flew off 6 weeks ago, hope hes doing well but we miss him, he was a great character 8)

Narrow Minded
Driver
Driver

Post by Narrow Minded » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:54 pm

Hope everything continues to go well Andy and we're looking forward to the build photo's of the new line!

Glad to hear Merlin flew off OK, and a belated thanks for featuring him on here - the wife is into birds and photography in a BIG way, so it was nice having something of interest for her on the Forum! (Every little helps to keep the "authorities" on side :D ;) )

Merddin Emrys
Fireman
Fireman

Post by Merddin Emrys » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:48 pm

The move went well, we love it here, the internet is just working at the moment at a very slow speed of 160kbps :roll: it seems when you move it takes ages to get broadband working, I've no idea why? still we've been exploring the old Penrhyn limestone quarry (on the side of the Little Orme) trying to work out where the track was!