The Simple(x) Things In Life - W&LLR battery loco's

Links to and discussion of garden railway video footage or videos of real railways which might inspire members with their modelling
Narrow Minded
Driver
Driver

The Simple(x) Things In Life - W&LLR battery loco's

Post by Narrow Minded » Fri May 21, 2010 1:05 am

Just put a vid together of todays activities here on the Westwood & Loscoe, features the complete stud of battery loco's :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8e1UJxODeHk

Driver
Driver

Post by 90733 » Fri May 21, 2010 6:45 am

Very nice, I do like Toad and Blodwen.
Thanks
Jack

LMS-Jools
Driver
Driver

Post by LMS-Jools » Fri May 21, 2010 7:25 am

Lovely Video, thanks. :D 8)

SLRmidge
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by SLRmidge » Fri May 21, 2010 9:51 am

FAB VIDEO And I love the music :D
Ian of the SLR(N)

Narrow Minded
Driver
Driver

Post by Narrow Minded » Fri May 21, 2010 10:55 am

Thanks chaps, it all came about after a conversation with Mr Bond on here about the virtues of battery power :oops:
I do like Toad and Blodwen.
Toad is a scratchbuit loco that I got off eBay (and incidentally struck up a very good friendship with the seller :D ) which I've modded and weathered. Just added some lead weight between the frames to improve traction, which has worked really well. Still to add a "Simplex" radiator badge and exhaust.
Blodwen is my first crack at a Locolines card kit I got at the 2009 AGM. I built it with a removeable bonnet to house the batteries etc rather than put them in the cab as per the instructions and I added radio control from a cheapo toy car and lead weight from a tackle shop to increase pulling power. Unfortunately the name and number plates have got to come off (I'm going to use 'em on my Bertie when I get one!) so unless I can repair the damage when I do that, it's going to be scrapped :cry:
And I love the music
One of my favourites - "Secret Garden" by Dreamcatcher.
I had to use a soundtrack rather than the intended natural sound of the birds singing in the background! There was too much "interferance" from neighbours drilling, revving a motorbike, the wife on the mobile etc, etc
When I posted the video, you tube automatically detected that WMG own the copyright (obviously embedded code), but that I didn't need to do anything about it :?: Whether or not it gets removed or I get in deep do-do later I'll have to wait and see :shock: I've decided to not rush and do my own soundtracks for future efforts :roll:

mhlr
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by mhlr » Fri May 21, 2010 12:33 pm

Music does go well with train videos though, especially when it's diesels and there's nothing to hear :lol:

Super vid Greg, plenty of varied trains.

Driver
Driver

Post by 90733 » Fri May 21, 2010 3:50 pm

Greg, why scrap Blodwen!? Instead of scrapping it, can't you weather it to cover up the dmages? Or do some printed name/works plates?
Just and idea
Thanks
Jack

Dr. Bond of the DVLR
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by Dr. Bond of the DVLR » Fri May 21, 2010 5:16 pm

Lovely video with great music. Sir Theo always ran backwards though...
The track looks to be settling in really nicely
The railway which people forgot
(to build)

mhlr
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by mhlr » Fri May 21, 2010 10:31 pm

Mr. Bond of the DVLR wrote:Lovely video with great music. Sir Theo always ran backwards though...
Don't forget it's on the WLLR, so the same rules don't apply as it is not a tramway ;)

Narrow Minded
Driver
Driver

Post by Narrow Minded » Sat May 22, 2010 1:43 am

Don't forget it's on the WLLR, so the same rules don't apply as it is not a tramway
Thanks Pete, you're absolutely right! :D (Plus, we don't have the turning facilities that the Golden Valley Tramway had)
Greg, why scrap Blodwen!? Instead of scrapping it, can't you weather it to cover up the dmages? Or do some printed name/works plates?
Just and idea
And a cracking idea it is too :D I've been thinking along the same lines for a while (otherwise it would have been in bits ages ago!!)
I'm thinking of adding some "3D" detail over the printed features - already stuck a proper radiator on it - and give it a repaint.
I ran out of memory when I was making the vid, so what you don't see is Blodwen collecting each of the wagons and taking them off for storage! It was great fun using it as an R/C shunter :D

DolwyddelanLightRail
Driver
Driver

Post by DolwyddelanLightRail » Sat May 22, 2010 8:49 am

I have to say your line is absolutly AMASING! :D Some of those shots really are wonderful! :D

MDLR
Driver
Driver

Post by MDLR » Sat May 22, 2010 10:42 am

Narrow Minded wrote:One of my favourites - "Secret Garden" by Dreamcatcher. I had to use a soundtrack rather than the intended natural sound of the birds singing in the background! There was too much "interferance" from neighbours drilling, revving a motorbike, the wife on the mobile etc, etc I've decided to not rush and do my own soundtracks for future efforts :roll:
You of all people should be able to do THAT!!
Brian L Dominic
Managing Director
Flagg Fluorspar Co
www.mdlr.co.uk/ff.html

SidSanders
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by SidSanders » Tue May 25, 2010 9:45 pm

Very nice video. I love simplexs, of any size. Great. :)
P-J "Sid" Sanders

Corris, Nantlle Vale and the Blackwood Valley Railway