Imp coach kit

Do you have a problem? Here is the place to appeal for help
METHSSNIFFER
Driver
Driver

Imp coach kit

Post by METHSSNIFFER » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:45 pm

Just bought a no.7 workmans coach NWNGR kit and looking for pics of the real thing but no luck. Does anyone know of one or any history behind this coach. Thinking of converting it to a buffet car or a semi open type but still researching.

laalratty
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by laalratty » Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:00 pm

There is a single good pic of it at Bryn Egwyn in quite a few of the Welsh Highland books. I think it was scrapped about 1923, and was built by the same company as did the Gladstone Carriage. Boyd's Narrow Guage Railway's in South Caernarfonshire Volume 1 has most of the known info about the coach, otherwise it might be worth checking festipedia. Don't know how suitable it would be for conversion to a buffet car, as it is very small (I had one of the IMP kits, now sold to Narrow Minded)
"What the hell is that?"
"It's a model icebreaker sir."
"It's a bit big isn't it?"
"It's a full scale model sir....."

METHSSNIFFER
Driver
Driver

Post by METHSSNIFFER » Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:24 pm

Thanks Ive checked festipedia and I need to get my hands on Boyds book I have all his books relating to the FR but not the WHR so I ll look out for a copy. This coach had 16 windows along its length where the pics Ive seen have 14, so not the right ones. It was scapped yer quite right to the year thats has far as I have researched it. I believe there must be a drawing in the book as well as for the kit to have been produced. I have to scribe all the planking as this hasnt been done in its production so should be fun but a nice kit all the same and as the transfers with it as well.
I saw your coach when you handed it over.

laalratty
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by laalratty » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:25 pm

There is indeed a drawing in the book, it came in rather useful. In fact Narrow Guage Railways of South Caernafonshire is well worth getting for the drawings. It includes a cut away showing the interior too
"What the hell is that?"
"It's a model icebreaker sir."
"It's a bit big isn't it?"
"It's a full scale model sir....."