Garden Railway Likes

Anything related to the garden railway world that is not catered for in another board
Narrow Minded
Driver
Driver

Garden Railway Likes

Post by Narrow Minded » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:38 pm

Just enjoyed the article from SLRMidge in this months "Gorton Rail"!

This really does sum up what I really LIKE about the Garden Railway, I can enjoy the fact that it's just - "there"!
I mean, my 009 layout Ulthwaite lives in the land of "Spare Oom" under its dust cover and only sees the light of day when I'm working on it or having a running sesh.
The W&LLR is there all the time (admitedly looking like a building site at the moment) and I enjoy looking at it through the window, or better still, sitting out having a cuppa while gazing whistfully down the garden.
It's these times when I'll be lost in reverie, either with memories of previous running, planning new builds or changes, or just enjoying the spectacle of the railway through the changing seasons that really "pay back" the effort :D

How about you :?:

made-in-england
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by made-in-england » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:53 pm

allthough small, new, undeveloped... i too enjoy looking out over the empire im in the process of creating :D
Passengers are reminded not to tease the engines

Dr. Bond of the DVLR
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by Dr. Bond of the DVLR » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:23 pm

Seconded, I love making up excuses -cough- I mean history for my railway and looking at my (mostly imaginary) empire.
The people are BY FAR the most friendly people I've met 16mm scale wise.
The railway which people forgot
(to build)

mhlr
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by mhlr » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:24 pm

I probably find the running of a steam engine around a line I created most satisfying, but in the summer, I also like putting a small battery engine on with a few skips just to provide some movement, then sit down and watch the world go by from the railway's point of veiw lol. I'm very lucky in the fact I can watch the railway and the Helford River at the same time, often from the same veiw.

Steam ups are super fun though, having a bunch of friends over to run trains and controlling a railway.

SLRmidge
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Re: Garden Railway Likes

Post by SLRmidge » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:13 pm

Narrow Minded wrote:Just enjoyed the article from SLRMidge in this months "Gorton Rail"!
Many thanks. :D
Ian of the SLR(N)

LMS-Jools
Driver
Driver

Post by LMS-Jools » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:43 am

Yes I enjoyed a brief perusal of said article and luckily for me I get to see the SLR in the flesh often.

I also enjoy sitting looking out across our small patio to my line the LMSR at all times of day and experiencing a sense of the real (but very small) railway out there in my garden. lol

8)

DolwyddelanLightRail
Driver
Driver

Post by DolwyddelanLightRail » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:01 pm

I have to admit, even though 99% of the time my railway is just a trackbed, i do like just looking from the house down to where the tracks go, and imagining seeing one of the locos trying to charge the bank with full steam and wheelslip, and with steam spewing from everywhere.

I think this image comes to mind:

:roll: