WOOOOOP..............................

Anything related to the garden railway world that is not catered for in another board
User avatar
90733
Driver
Driver
Posts: 1955
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:17 pm
Location: West Yorkshire
Contact:

WOOOOOP..............................

Post by 90733 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:39 pm

I am now a member of the 16mm association :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

DolwyddelanLightRail

Post by DolwyddelanLightRail » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:41 pm

I'm hopefully going to join nearer to summer maybe.

How much is it a year? :?

(Congrats by the way! :D )

made-in-england
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver
Posts: 826
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 4:22 pm

Post by made-in-england » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:59 pm

£8 for juniours...

why arnt you members allready!! i was skeptical at first but the mags alone are worth the money!

DolwyddelanLightRail

Post by DolwyddelanLightRail » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:13 pm

Whats the age limit for "juniors" though, as I'm 17 this summer :?

User avatar
90733
Driver
Driver
Posts: 1955
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:17 pm
Location: West Yorkshire
Contact:

Post by 90733 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:16 pm

Under 18s are juniors, and I hadn't already joined because I only started garden railways 4/5 months ago.

SillyBilly

Post by SillyBilly » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:28 pm

It's not as though it takes up your time, apart from reading the excellent magazine, so why leave it 'till the summer? Might as well join now and have time to ponder over the ideas the beginners guide will give you for your railway.

Sir haydn

Post by Sir haydn » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:28 pm

If you are visiting other members lines you really should be members as this covers you on the association insurance for any accidents when attending 16mm events! You will also need membership to run on layouts at stoneleigh

User avatar
90733
Driver
Driver
Posts: 1955
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:17 pm
Location: West Yorkshire
Contact:

Post by 90733 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:31 pm

Sir haydn wrote:You will also need membership to run on layouts at stoneleigh
One of the reesons I joined :D :lol: :lol:

DolwyddelanLightRail

Post by DolwyddelanLightRail » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:32 pm

Hmmm, may join earlier then :D

Need to convince the parents (yet again!) though :?

User avatar
90733
Driver
Driver
Posts: 1955
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:17 pm
Location: West Yorkshire
Contact:

Post by 90733 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:35 pm

DolwyddelanLightRail wrote:
Need to convince the parents (yet again!) though  :?
My mum doesn't have a clue of what i need for my railway so i just say and I can buy it (if i have the money, which i generally don't).

Sir haydn

Post by Sir haydn » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:36 pm

renewal is ALWAYS in feb so if you join now you get a full years membership. If you join any later you'll be getting less for your money..unless you join in october, then you would quaifly for a full years membership!

DolwyddelanLightRail

Post by DolwyddelanLightRail » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:37 pm

90733 wrote:
DolwyddelanLightRail wrote:
Need to convince the parents (yet again!) though  :?
My mum doesn't have a clue of what i need for my railway so i just say and I can buy it (if i have the money, which i generally don't).
Luckily I have been able to get my parents to pay for all the bits recently without them asking to pay them back :D I think i just need to keep a low profile! :lol:

User avatar
90733
Driver
Driver
Posts: 1955
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:17 pm
Location: West Yorkshire
Contact:

Post by 90733 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:40 pm

DolwyddelanLightRail wrote: I think i just need to keep a low profile!  :lol:
I think you need to aswell :lol: :lol: :lol:
It never works though :cry: :cry:

Endless, Nameless

Post by Endless, Nameless » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:41 pm

Sir haydn wrote:renewal is ALWAYS in feb so if you join now you get a full years membership. If you join any later you'll be getting less for your money..unless you join in october, then you would quaifly for a full years membership!
That's what I thought but I got membership for Christmas (sorted out early Dec) and had the renewal through in Feb! I did get all last year's mags though, and the book of course. SMT is excellent.

And yes, join now!

Sir haydn

Post by Sir haydn » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:42 pm

Im probly thinking of my TR membership then

User avatar
Dr. Bond of the DVLR
Retired Director
Retired Director
Posts: 4533
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:43 pm
Location: Suffolk
Contact:

Post by Dr. Bond of the DVLR » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:52 pm

I was amazed when i joined, so far for 9 pounds I have had
8 magazines (the previous year's backdated ones and this years)
a free wagon- now the vinegar bottle transporter
A brilliant book
and the most friendlyness I have ever experienced in an assosiation!
I also get to talk to alot of interesting people all over the country- you just flash your badge and you get all sorts of privaledges (including footplate rides if you're lucky...!)
Its like some sort of stone mason sosiety!
Image
The railway which people forgot
(to build)

DolwyddelanLightRail

Post by DolwyddelanLightRail » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:53 pm

Right, so when i next speak to the parents i'll mention it to them :D

MDLR

Post by MDLR » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:37 pm

90733 wrote:Under 18s are juniors, and I hadn't already joined because I only started garden railways 4/5 months ago.
You can be a junior member if you're over 18 and in full time education - can't you, Sir Haydn??

Sir haydn

Post by Sir haydn » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:47 pm

maybe :p

MoelygestLR

Post by MoelygestLR » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:27 pm

MDLR wrote:
90733 wrote:Under 18s are juniors, and I hadn't already joined because I only started garden railways 4/5 months ago.
You can be a junior member if you're over 18 and in full time education - can't you, Sir Haydn??
Hang on, does that mean I'm still a junior member? I was last year but this time last year I was over 18 yet still in college. Now I am 19 and at uni, so what does that make me? I was goign to renew as an Adult, is that what I should still do?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 54 guests