Digital camera

Do you have a problem? Here is the place to appeal for help
laalratty
Retired Director
Retired Director

Digital camera

Post by laalratty » Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:32 pm

I know this has nothing to do with garden railways, but can somebody advise me to a digital photo camera that has a movie function that can record sound, my mum has one that can take movies but without sound. i need one to improve the quality of what I put onto youtube, as well as taking good piccies

Chris Cairns
Driver
Driver

Post by Chris Cairns » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:00 pm

It will depend on your budget and what video/sound format you wish as well.

My current Kodak Easyshare camera takes video in Quicktime format, which is very difficult to convert without expensive software.

I'm currently looking into getting a Canon S5 which does good video in AVI format, and has a macro facility down to 0cm, which would be ideal for a lot of the technical photos you need to post on Forums like this one. Currently just over £200 plus delivery from Traders on ebay - beware the ones from Hong Kong as you could get stung for customs duty plus the Royal Mail handling fee on top of that!

SillyBilly
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by SillyBilly » Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:13 am

Obviously go for somthing mid range, eBuyer is very good in my opinion, the search works fabulously, there are some cracking prices and if your lucky, good reviews which are always worth a read.
http://www.ebuyer.com/store/Photo/cat/D ... ?refmen=ln

laalratty
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by laalratty » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:19 am

I have already got some file converting software so that is not a problem, please be aware that i'm noware near a computer genius and technical terms do tend to baffle me :?