First test steaming of my kit built MH Ogwen!

Discussion of Live Steam locomotives should be located here
SillyBilly
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by SillyBilly » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:37 pm

I revise, but can't see the point in it, because when I revise, I don't want to be revising, meaning it goes in one ear and out the other! They should force stuff on you, not just get you to do it at home, the system isn't thought through. Another thing is, how do they expect you to learn when you have rubbish teachers who can't bring the nut cases under control? I only answer the teacher's questions because no one else will!

Good luck with selling the 'Ogwen', not sure wether it's my mates type of loco, I shall ask him. Is it slip-eccentric?

penrhynpwr
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by penrhynpwr » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:26 pm

Ogwen has fixed motion and a piston reversing valve between the frames, much like the new accucraft UK style locos. Mike

Chris Cairns
Driver
Driver

Post by Chris Cairns » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:32 pm

How easy is it to Radio Control the 'Ogwen'?

I've just joined the 16mmNGM, and the local West of Scotland group has an active program of visiting members railways twice a month. Sadly it will not be possible to run my meths fired Mamods as they all use gas fired locos and all but one is R/C as well. This is a definite need for at least two of the layouts, with one member boasting to me that his layout has a 1 in 28 slope (do not want my Mamods appearing in the Accident posting!).

So I could be in the market for a good loco, but would depend how much, and how easy, it will be to fit R/C?

penrhynpwr
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by penrhynpwr » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:06 pm

I have heard of it being done, you would have to put the reciever and batteries in a trailing car as there isnt much room for that in the locomotive. It wouldnt be impossible, but not as easy as doing that to a manual control Roundhouse. Mike

grumpfuttock
Fireman
Fireman

Post by grumpfuttock » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:33 am

Now that loco is a beauty !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
John.

"I am not an armchair modeller, I have a garden railway, so I am a deckchair modeller."

http://www.tumblydowncottage.dk