I have been using three position switches since I first began building 16mm stock for my garden railway. Where I got the idea from I have no idea but I usually purchase from Component Shop (other suppliers are available). Single pole switches are available in the toggle range, but I'm unsure whether slide switches are made that way too....
Yr Hen Felin & Yr Orsaf Newydd
- Peter Butler
- Driver

- Posts: 5719
- Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:33 pm
- Location: West Wales
Re: Yr Hen Felin & Yr Orsaf Newydd
The best things in life are free.... so why am I doing this?
- ge_rik
- Administrator

- Posts: 8006
- Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:20 pm
- Location: Cheshire
- Contact:
Re: Yr Hen Felin & Yr Orsaf Newydd
That certainly does look like a very successful build. Glad you got the wheels sorted. I've not yet been brave enough to try 3D printed wheels on any of my loco builds. This gives me hope.
Rik
Rik
-
gilfachphil
- Fireman

- Posts: 452
- Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:00 am
- Location: West Wales
Re: Yr Hen Felin & Yr Orsaf Newydd
The switch used in this instance is particularly small and has been in my 'this'll come in useful some day' box for many years.
For comparison here is one next to a similar one to that in Peter's post:-
it had to be glued to the aluminium plate since the shank is not threaded,
Phil
For comparison here is one next to a similar one to that in Peter's post:-
it had to be glued to the aluminium plate since the shank is not threaded,
Phil
- Peter Butler
- Driver

- Posts: 5719
- Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:33 pm
- Location: West Wales
Re: Yr Hen Felin & Yr Orsaf Newydd
Thanks for the comparison Phil, the toggle switch, which I prefer, has a body only 13mm long by 6.5mm wide. The arm is 10mm long but can be shortened if required. Both types have their uses dependent on location, but each provide a centre off position.
The best things in life are free.... so why am I doing this?
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 27 guests