Help!!

Anything related to the garden railway world that is not catered for in another board
MartinI
Cleaner
Cleaner

Help!!

Post by MartinI » Thu Feb 01, 2024 6:52 pm

Hello everyone,
I'm looking for some guidance.... after recently buying a house, I've inherited the remnants of a garden railway. Sadly there's just a some pieces of track left, I'm guessing it's G guage.
However, there is a large, 12ft large, steel bridge, totally bespoke and in reasonable condition. It's similar in design to the golden gate bridge.
Seems such a shame to scrap it and I'm looking for ideas to move it on. It would be great if it could have a new life!
I'm based in Dorset, if that has any bearing in
I can ad photos tomorrow if there is any interest.
Thankyou for taking time to read this.
Martin

philipy

Re: Help!!

Post by philipy » Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:22 pm

Hi Martin,

There is quite likely to be some interest, but pictures and rather more detailed measurements would be very helpful, plus perhasps some indication of how much you would like for it. You say you think it may be G. Gauge, but could you just check the measurement between the rails and put that in as well?

We are doing an upgrade to the Forum software tomorrow ( Friday 2nd Feb) so the Forum will be down from 6am until the upgrade completes and we don't really know how long it will take. I suggest you look in tomorrow evening to check if we are back online.

BTW, a sales advert should really be in the Members Sales section.
Philip

MartinI
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by MartinI » Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:35 pm

Thank you Philip, I'll take photos and measurements tomorrow, should I repost on the for sale section, in a new post?

philipy

Post by philipy » Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:46 pm

MartinI wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:35 pm should I repost on the for sale section, in a new post?
Yes, that would be best. :)
Philip

drewzero1
Administrator
Administrator

Post by drewzero1 » Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:44 am

Welcome! We do love pictures here, and are generally happy to help with questions of identifying what somebody's got. Just as a heads-up, there's a scheduled update going on tomorrow so you may find the site unavailable for some time. If that is the case, try back in a bit!

-steves-
Administrator
Administrator

Post by -steves- » Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:36 am

MartinI wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:35 pm Thank you Philip, I'll take photos and measurements tomorrow, should I repost on the for sale section, in a new post?
Hi Martin

Until you have made 5 posts I am afraid you will not be able to upload an image, this is for security reasons. Feel free to make some posts to make it to that level.
The buck stops here .......

Ditton Meadow Light Railway (DMLR)
Member of Peterborough and District Association
http://peterborough.16mm.org.uk/

MartinI
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by MartinI » Sat Feb 03, 2024 4:21 pm

Well I've just given it a power wash and taken some measurements :shock:

MartinI
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by MartinI » Sat Feb 03, 2024 4:25 pm

So I'll be wondering if it is of interest to anyone in the Dorset area, like I said previously, it would be a shame to just bin it off, the old chap obviously put some work into it.
So I'll post some photos on the for sale section, so please take a look at it
Many thanks
Martin

MartinI
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by MartinI » Sat Feb 03, 2024 4:56 pm

There's also quite a lot of track pieces, which will come with it obviously! :geek

philipy

Post by philipy » Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:23 pm

Hi Martin,

You should now be out of the moderation period, so you can upload pictures.
To do so is pretty simple. All you do is:
1) Drag and drop the picture from your computer on to your post.
2)Then at the bottom of the writing window there is an "Attachments" tab, click that and you should see the picture listed towards the left hand side and two buttons "Upload" and "Delete"
3) Click the Upload button and you'll see a printed URL appear in your post.
4) To see how it will look in the final post you can press the "Preview" button, and it will appear in a new Preview window. If you are happy, Click Submit, otherwise go back down to your writing window and make whatever modifications you want.
5) When you are happy, just click "Submit"
Philip