Faller Hit Train, Play Train and the like

Anything related to the garden railway world that is not catered for in another board
Winding Road
New User
New User

Faller Hit Train, Play Train and the like

Post by Winding Road » Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:28 pm

Having recently rediscovered my Faller Hit Train from my college days (50 years ago!) I am setting up a layout outside within my current Gauge 1 clockwork layout. I could find very little about it on the Forum and so am hoping to kick off a discussion about running, maintaining, repairing and finding spares for this unique toy model railway.
Attachments
Faller Hit Train on Christmas roster.
Faller Hit Train on Christmas roster.
Faller Christmas GRF.jpeg (668.76 KiB) Viewed 850 times
Last edited by Winding Road on Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Andrew

Re: Falletr Hit Train, Play Train and the like

Post by Andrew » Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:52 pm

Hello!

I've used quite a lot of the faller "E train" range over the years - the size is better suited to the 16mm/ft scale that many of us here model in. I've used various of the range's wagons modified and repainted to suit my needs, have tinkered with the steam and diesel locomotives, and had a rake of the lovely 4 wheel balcony carriages for a while. Only a repainted railcar still sees regular use, and it may be joined by another at some point - I really like them!

I rather like the wagons in your picture, I could imagine repainting and running some of those!

All the best,

Andrew.

Old Man Aaron
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Re: Faller Hit Train, Play Train and the like

Post by Old Man Aaron » Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:26 pm

I'd heard of these, but never seen one until now. Yours seems very well-looked-after for it's age.
Regards,
Aaron - Scum Class Works

Winding Road
New User
New User

Re: Faller Hit Train, Play Train and the like

Post by Winding Road » Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:22 pm

Old Man Aaron wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:26 pm I'd heard of these, but never seen one until now. Yours seems very well-looked-after for it's age.
They are quite robust albeit common faults are losing the steam engine chimney and the fantasy coaches stovepipe chimneys.