FeckHallBahn goes a little bit Peckforton

Links to and discussion of garden railway video footage or videos of real railways which might inspire members with their modelling
Nigel B
Cleaner
Cleaner

FeckHallBahn goes a little bit Peckforton

Post by Nigel B » Thu Jun 15, 2023 3:54 pm

New (legendary!) Wagons

https://youtu.be/BHyWnB-xpYg

Yesterday, the FeckHallBahn took delivery of two freight wagons. Not unusual perhaps but these were formerly on ​⁠Rik Bennett’s absolutely wonderful Peckforton Light Railway; a railway I’ve been watching in awe since I started garden railwaying in 2020.

Today’s video shows the 4 wheel plank wagon and 6 wheel Cleminson vehicles being put through their acceptance trials on the FeckHallBahn. The 6 wheeler proved a little light footed on our tight curves; a handy tree trunk sorted that out immediately.

The other thing being tested today was Bullfrog Snot™️ on Number Two’s front tyres. Absolutely brilliant; more on that next video.
FeckHallBahn

Peter Butler
Driver
Driver

Re: FeckHallBahn goes a little bit Peckforton

Post by Peter Butler » Thu Jun 15, 2023 4:41 pm

Those G scale curves are really severe but Rik's handiwork seems to be able to cope remarkably well. There's plenty more where they came from!
The best things in life are free.... so why am I doing this?

Nigel B
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by Nigel B » Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:26 pm

Yep - they’re nearly all R1!!
The railway started out in 2020 (like so many) with the gift of an LGB Stainz starter set. It was far too developed to be rebuilt with easier curves by the time I realised that any such thing even existed!!
My neighbours are probably delighted that there’s no flange squeal
FeckHallBahn

ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ge_rik » Fri Jun 16, 2023 8:24 am

I'm surprised and delighted that the Cleminson wagon is able to cope with R1 curves. I did some test running here and, as Nigel suggests, it was a bit light footed on my R1s. Fortunately, they are only found in the Copper Mine sidings and so until now I've just avoided sending any of my six wheelers there. I might now extend their range.

Rik
------------------------
Peckforton Light Railway - Blog Facebook Youtube

drewzero1
Administrator
Administrator

Post by drewzero1 » Sat Jun 17, 2023 5:04 am

You lucky dog! I recognized those but thought they were mere copies built from Rik's files, as my coaches, brake van, and Southwold short van all are. I'm quickly amassing a PLR copycat fleet and every video is looking a bit more familiar. :lol:

Nigel B
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by Nigel B » Sat Jun 17, 2023 7:19 am

That’s what I thought until I spotted the seller’s name!!
FeckHallBahn

FWLR
Driver
Driver

Post by FWLR » Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:15 am

Brilliant video. I had noticed Rik was selling those wagons and some of his other stock, but unfortunately I don't run 45mm, well I am happy with 32mm actually. :thumbup:

The bicycle on the loco is brilliant, never thought to see one on a loco but I suppose back then if they were working late or very early they would have to have some form of transport to get to and from work.

Loving the boneyard too, everything looks suitably rusted. Have you made your own signals by the way.

Nigel B
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by Nigel B » Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:09 am

The signals are a mix of homemade & very old and battered Hornby O scale on sticks.
FeckHallBahn