Any GMES members around?

Anything related to the garden railway world that is not catered for in another board
georgesheppard
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Any GMES members around?

Post by georgesheppard » Wed May 19, 2021 10:41 am

Hello!

I was wondering if there were any Guildford Model
Engineering Society members on the board. I’m interested in joining but not sure the best way to go about it!

George

Garethh
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Re: Any GMES members around?

Post by Garethh » Wed May 19, 2021 12:25 pm

Hi George, I’m not a member but plan to become one, so I’d be interested in the answer to this as well! Assume popping down on an open day would be a good start but don’t know how easy that is with current restrictions as I think they’re only selling limited tickets online.

angr607
Fireman
Fireman

Post by angr607 » Sun May 23, 2021 1:07 pm

You called?

Best thing you can do to join at the moment is drop the Garden Railways Rep (a lovely person called James) on gmes16mm 'at' gmes.org.uk

Then he'll be able to best advise what to do. That's how I first made contact followed by a visit to the club to look around and get the paperwork. You'll need two people to propose you for membership but I'd be very happy to be one of them! Alternatively, if you can come down on a open day, make yourself known to one of the guys operating the garden railways who can provide you with more information on the day.

Hope that helps!

Jon
Bowaters Models:- http://www.bowatersmodels.co.uk

Current Projects:-
Rebuilding the Railway!
Turning a Second hand 'Superior' into Bowaters 'Superior'

georgesheppard
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by georgesheppard » Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:17 pm

angr607 wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 1:07 pm You called?

Best thing you can do to join at the moment is drop the Garden Railways Rep (a lovely person called James) on gmes16mm 'at' gmes.org.uk

Then he'll be able to best advise what to do. That's how I first made contact followed by a visit to the club to look around and get the paperwork. You'll need two people to propose you for membership but I'd be very happy to be one of them! Alternatively, if you can come down on a open day, make yourself known to one of the guys operating the garden railways who can provide you with more information on the day.

Hope that helps!

Jon
Thanks for the info Jon!

I popped over this afternoon but was too busy chasing my two year old around to talk to anyone! Will shoot over an email to the address you provided.

George