An online International community modelling outdoor and or garden railways where all scales and gauges are welcome. This forum is funded entirely through voluntary contributions by its members. Many thanks to all those who keep it going.
Here we are lads! Had a great run on the line yesterday. The second run around the whole loop. BBQ briquettes are up to the job. I got two laps eventually on one firing before putting the loco to bed - to run the fire right down. Interesting video, an over full boiler with water coming out of the safety and funnel after one lap. And some slow shunting showing where I had previously had a derailment
I'm really looking forward to another run Rod, but the weather is against me
If it's not raining it's blowing a gale. In the meantime have I made another cover for the real steam dome. The old one leaked at the thread when using my gentle thread sealant or PTFE tape, it was visible at steam raising, heaven knows how much it leaked when the boiler was up to pressure. This cover needs to be removable to be able to remove the regulator. I had previously used a medium strength thread sealant but on this diameter (21mm) it was very hard to remove the cover when needed. The other day I made another screwed cover with a flange, hopefully this will fix it