perfect diesel plans

A place for discussing battery-electric locomotives, whether they're diesel, steam or even electric outline
Hancockshire
Driver
Driver

perfect diesel plans

Post by Hancockshire » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:37 am

Ok, l wasn't clear on my previous topic so. I've decided that we should display plans and drawings of our fave diesels (prototype or freelance) and help beginners like me find a decent project.
Here is the full plan of Ddriag Cymraeg that I made on paint (thanks to graphic comm) and I will be building this out of parts anyone can obtain.

laalratty
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by laalratty » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:40 pm

Being totally serious, I think that looks like a very nice little engine, that you could make with an IP engineering chassis, or maybe an essel chassis.
"What the hell is that?"
"It's a model icebreaker sir."
"It's a bit big isn't it?"
"It's a full scale model sir....."

mhlr
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by mhlr » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:53 pm

Yes, I second laalratty. I could even see the IP 'Jessie' modified into it by modifying the windows and making new cab sides etc...

I don't know if I have a "perfect diesel", I wouldn't mind a live diesel Vale of Ffestiniog, or a Lyd2. However, my dad has a Victor's IoM Viking Schoma diesel on order, so I doubt any more diesels will be required in the motive power department... My IP 'Jack' and the Viking will serve well for large jobs.