More IP Coaches

Discussion of Rolling Stock related topics should go here
IanC
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

More IP Coaches

Post by IanC » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:34 pm

Steamgeorge (Wadebridge Light Railway) recently sold me three partly completed IP Coaches. These were from the long since discontinued Roundhouse sized range. I already had two, and wanted more to make a longer rake.

The coaches have entered the carriage and wagon works for finishing off. The work so far involved attending to slight wobbles on two of the coaches, moving the vacuum pipes on them to the same position as all my other stock that is fitted with vacuum pipes, making roofs for them all, and adding the handles, grab rails and footboards to one of the coaches that didn't have them fitted. I have changed the buffers on two of them, again to match existing stock.

I have added grab rails to my existing stock to manage the new coaches. I already had them in stock, but had never bothered to fit them. One job I may do is change the vacuum pipes as the size on two of the coaches is different to all my others. The new coaches feature four end steps per coach. My two existing coaches feature three. I will leave this feature. Rolling stock and coaches built by different manufacturers or at different times often had differences so I can live with this.

The coaches are now ready for the paint shop. This is presently closed until the warmer weather appears as the coaches will be spray painted.

Here are a couple of pictures of the coaches ready for painting.
01.jpg
01.jpg (111.63 KiB) Viewed 3981 times
02.jpg
02.jpg (102.03 KiB) Viewed 3981 times
Ian

steamgeorge
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Re: More IP Coaches

Post by steamgeorge » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:27 pm

They are looking much smarter now, I'm looking forward to seeing them completed :D

IanC
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by IanC » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:21 pm

steamgeorge wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:27 pm They are looking much smarter now, I'm looking forward to seeing them completed :D
The main visible changes are the roofs and vacuum pipes, except on the right hand coach which has had handles rails and step boards added.
Ian

steamgeorge
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by steamgeorge » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:23 pm

Are they going to be red like the others?

IanC
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by IanC » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:28 pm

steamgeorge wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:23 pm Are they going to be red like the others?
Yes, the intention is for them to be in the same livery as my existing two coaches. I've got the paint ready. Any difference will be down to a different paint batch although the new batch is from the same source so I'm not expecting any differences. I can't wait to see the finished rake, but I won't rush the painting stage.
Ian