Llanberis Slate Museum Model Railway Show 2009

If you would like to share some of your garden railway photographs or photos of prototypes which might inspire members, then please post them in here
SillyBilly
Retired Director
Retired Director

Llanberis Slate Museum Model Railway Show 2009

Post by SillyBilly » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:30 pm

Hello,
I spent 4 days last week helping some 16mm East Anglian Members set up, run and take down a layout at the National Slate Museum in Llanberis. We even got filmed by an S4C (Welsh Channel 4) camera, which may appear on the TV, I really do hope that the clip which appears is not the one where a I.P Jessie and a Funkey(driven by me) collide because the clearences are too tight on one of the corners, as that's the moment that I go "Aaaaaaah" :lol: !
Main Circuit
Shunting yard, during the only moment (10sec) which I've ever seen the layout hit with sun!
The Cylinders and very few other bits of a Accucraft Ruby have resulted in this little beauty
This loco is called the Blue Brick and just to confirm, yes, the buffer beams are made out of 1inch steel plate and the motor is a 14.4v drill motor, I'm sure you can imagine this will pull one adult male and it does!
This is what happend when it met the boat!
The wheelset got lodged on the buffer
A nice feature on one of the 00 gauge layouts, it did actually go up and down the hill
My best shot showing the Museum's electric loco in the background

One chap did tell me he thought it was the best part of the exhibition because there was lots of running going on :) .

ACLR
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by ACLR » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:09 pm

great pictures there mate I remember vising there in spring 2005 hasnt changed much :D

laalratty
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by laalratty » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:58 pm

Nice pics, always wanted to do the Llanberis show, but requests to visit Wales in Febuary arn't taken too kindly
"What the hell is that?"
"It's a model icebreaker sir."
"It's a bit big isn't it?"
"It's a full scale model sir....."

SLRmidge
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Re: Llanberis Slate Museum Model Railway Show 2009

Post by SLRmidge » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:14 pm

SillyBilly wrote:This loco is called the Blue Brick and just to confirm, yes, the buffer beams are made out of 1inch steel plate and the motor is a 14.4v drill motor, I'm sure you can imagine this will pull one adult male and it does!
Nice pics. I hope 'Blue Brick' never meets 'Bluebottle' ! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ian of the SLR(N)