Easter Morning steam up of my LGB/Aster Frank S

Links to and discussion of garden railway video footage or videos of real railways which might inspire members with their modelling
artfull dodger
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Easter Morning steam up of my LGB/Aster Frank S

Post by artfull dodger » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:50 pm

Nice sunny morning before the snow storm moves in this afternoon. So the lines new Frank S is out with the special after some mods to the exhaust set up The gunk tank was removed, the exhaust extended up near the top of the chimney with a home brew chuff pipe. Railway has settled a bit over the winter creating a bit of a grade just before the depot. Have to shim up that side once the ground firms up a bit. Anyways, Happy Easter!
https://youtu.be/syg0TnBVZ0w

https://youtu.be/Bz41HAU1mcw
Silly NT's.....I have Asperger's Syndrome!

tom_tom_go
Driver
Driver

Re: Easter Morning steam up of my LGB/Aster Frank S

Post by tom_tom_go » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:52 pm

Slomo required on that racetrack!

artfull dodger
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Re: Easter Morning steam up of my LGB/Aster Frank S

Post by artfull dodger » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:23 pm

actually no danger of derailment with the LGB style flanges on Frank S. Once I relevel the table, I can run much slower. Kept stalling at the right front corner near where I was filming at. That is the crest of the little grade the line has from the winter settling of the table. I need to raise it up a bit and put a paver block under the leg on the far side right corner. The new larger loop that will be added this spring will also help, but will still be R1 curves.
Silly NT's.....I have Asperger's Syndrome!