Quarry Slab Trucks

Discussion of Rolling Stock related topics should go here
tom_tom_go
Driver
Driver

Re: Quarry Slab Trucks

Post by tom_tom_go » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:21 am

Interested in the Hunslet you mention.

Can you start a new thread on it please?

Big Jim

Post by Big Jim » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:31 pm

They look rather good and I applaud your public service in saving Morriston's customers damage to their vehicles. Have fun with the 1/3 scale loco.
If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer!

bazzer42
Driver
Driver

Post by bazzer42 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:38 pm

Those slab wagons look good but the wdlr wagon even better....gert lush.

workwright
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by workwright » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:22 pm

Hi, bazzer42, the WD bits in the background are one of my WD Baldwins (rather superior to Accucraft product in my opinion, but I would say that , would'nt I?) The wagon is I think again the current ultimate in detail and operation. The body is the superb body kit from Swift Sixteen - an easy to assemble example of what a talented guy can resin cast for our hobby. The bogies are mine. I prefer the weight of white metal in these bogies to the resin alternatives that are in the complete Swift Sixteen kit. For the nerd(myself) the bogies match the quality of the body being fully detailed inside and out. The Swift Sixteen bogie is an excellent product but due to the casting method and to ensure ruggedness it lacks internal detail. The only neat idea in the wagon is not my own but comes from another talented modeller (Andy Copp, Lochgorm Models) that is to mount and pivot the bogies using press studs. One bogie gets a stud, the other bogie gets a stud and prototypic rubbing plates to stop the second bogie from tipping. The wagon then holds the track well yet is able to cope without derailment with very poor track. Regards.
Workwright