Railway TV programmes

This is the place to talk about news, TV, music and other hobbies
DG
Cleaner
Cleaner

Re: Railway TV programmes

Post by DG » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:24 pm

Rik

just spotted this thread and I had what at first you may think of as a crazy idea. If we don't like the output could we make our own or somehow commission a program. When you think about it good souls like yourself are already doing this in some way with your videos that you post on youtube.

If we let ourselves dream a bit about the first part of the process the subject matter ... what would you like to see?

Dave

steamer68
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by steamer68 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:50 pm

Dave I like your idea as there are plenty talented members on the forum that are great at making videos. :thumbleft:
Regards
Kevin

ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ge_rik » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:52 pm

Hmmmm..... interesting idea. I must admit, such a notion had floated into my mind, but no more than that. A decent programme about garden railways would be an interesting proposition.

Rik
------------------------
Peckforton Light Railway - Blog Facebook Youtube

FWLR
Driver
Driver

Post by FWLR » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:41 am

Would love to see a program on garden railways, but the cost involved would be terrific.

pandsrowe
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by pandsrowe » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:30 am

There was a series around 8 years ago specifically devoted to garden railways, if I remember correctly it was a series of about 12 half hour episodes made by an organisation called the Railway Channel.
I hesitate to endorse it as worth watching, although there was some interesting content (to me) it suffered badly from the usual aspect of an idiotic presenter. I've still got it stored on the hard drive of my Sky system, I suppose I could try watching it again to see if my idiot perception level has mellowed over the years. Maybe something to watch over the Christmas period as I very much doubt if there will be anything new worth watching.
Phil

steamer68
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by steamer68 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:43 am

Hi Phil YouTube have all 12 episodes each one about 25 mins long, will be something to watch on these dark cold nights. :thumbup:
Regards
Kevin

steamer68
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by steamer68 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:10 pm

Watched the latest coastal railway program with Julie Walters I did enjoy the loco parts of the program but the rest was rather drab. :roll:
Regards
Kevin

daan
Fireman
Fireman

Post by daan » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:12 pm

If anyone has acces to the Dutch TV channels, you could see "Rail away" on the second channel about 8 pm CET. They make half hour episodes on all kinds of interesting railwaylines across the world and it really is a joy to watch. May be on youtube there is some content, it's from the EO (channel name)
In Germany they have also railway series named "Eisenbahn Romantik" which is mostly on SWR or 7. Those also are on youtube. These series are on model railways and 1:1 railways.

Both series don't have a presentor which is constantly with his face in the camera trying to look smart and intelligent, they really have the railways as main subject.
"En schรถne Gruess" from an Alpine railway in Holland.