Dangerous snow!

Anything related to the garden railway world that is not catered for in another board
pauly
Driver
Driver

Dangerous snow!

Post by pauly » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:41 am

the snow is getting nasty in Middlesbrough now

last night it rained which turned yesterdays snow into slush which has started to freeze and its starting snowing again which has made the roads extremely dangerous!

the Woodrow is struggling to remain open as the snow is hampering the smaller engines and my 2 operating steamers wont work in it (because of the ossy cylinders?) so my only operating loco left is my big yellow diesel which is struggling with the cold (batteries don't like it) and it looks like Ill have to shut down for a while.

important supplies are having a hard time getting through to the people of Woodrow.

A steam propelled life-style.

pauly
Driver
Driver

Post by pauly » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:43 pm

it aint getting any better

note: since these pics where taken it has rained and turned the snow into slippery slush.

mhlr
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by mhlr » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:39 pm

nice Westy mate, we have one of them :D

certainly slushy, why the hell is there a random bunch of ballards across the road?

Matt
Driver
Driver

Post by Matt » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:13 pm

Here in durham, it fell from about 6am to 12pm very heavy constantly (note: never do a paper round in a blizzard :shock: !)  At luch time at school everyone grabbed luch, got changed into PE gear, and went out onto the rugby fields for a massive snow war :D!  My school has a house system (like Hogwarts I think) so the war was between my house and my brothers house vs the other boys house and the girls houses :D .  It went well, until the enermy army had the great idea of getting into a huge group, throw a huge barrarge of snow balls, and then charge at us :shock:.  The best we could do was form a line, which was constantly being smashed through.

Who else went snowballing today?
Garden Railways-best hobby in the world.

pauly
Driver
Driver

Post by pauly » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:36 pm

mhlr wrote:nice Westy mate, we have one of them :D

certainly slushy, why the hell is there a random bunch of ballards across the road?
to stop drivers using the estate as a sort cut.

there is a major weakness though the bollard on the far left is far enough from the wall for an average sized car to get through at speeds which local criminals often use as escape routes.  :roll: