Dolgoch 150 - Fletcher Jennings Gathering - Garden Rail Gala

If you would like to share some of your garden railway photographs or photos of prototypes which might inspire members, then please post them in here
dougrail
Driver
Driver

Dolgoch 150 - Fletcher Jennings Gathering - Garden Rail Gala

Post by dougrail » Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:08 am

Garden Railway Gala officially open....yours truly commissioned by Llechfan to do the chalkwork ;)

5inch Gauge represented by the newly repainted and lined 'Rose of the Torride' - cracking job done by Berry Hill Works :cool: [Matt also had brought his lovely Hunslet, alas I had no photos]

The Home fleet was represented by 'Cadno' with the GWR Express rake

Matt's Quintus also out for a run :)

'Swordbreaker' on trials puffing up and down the yard - cylinders in need of their two-yearly MOT and a hot box prevented the loco from running any service trains. Wheelsets and cylinders have been dispatched post-haste to RWM to look at.

Glyn Valley Tram

Quarry Hunslet in 16mm!

This Mamod ran rather well - an earlier MSS, it had the glandcap cylinders and decent wheels, enabling it to trot nicely round the branchline inner loop :)

TR Vintage train with both vintage locos..!

This was an interesting model made from RH parts -a 'what if' of whether the TR had as proposed, purchased a Hunslet "Eva" class for their motive power issues of the 1960s and 1970s. Judging by the model, it would, aesthetically, have made a far more attractive loco! However, I understand that the Irish Turf Board loco that became no.7 was 100x cheaper than a new Eva kit...

This RWM Janet was finally found a new home off ANG's stall -and instantly steamed up.

Upstarted by a Lawley...now if only...this demonstrated "what could Have Been" ;)

The Lawley was seen to run well. However, its own slung looks now doesn't appeal as much to me as it used to - at best, it would have been a freelance 'what if' of GWR Narrow Gauge. Think I did best by cashing in at TR 150 2015....:cool:

This modern Mamod was lurking in the branchline depot...

Dannypenguin
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by Dannypenguin » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:41 am

Great pics Doug :thumbright:
Dan

Visit the PFLR website - http://poultonfarmlightrailway.webs.com/
Dean Forest Railway Society website - http://dfrsociety.org/

dougrail
Driver
Driver

Post by dougrail » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:42 pm

Thanks Danny :)

jim@NAL
Driver
Driver

Post by jim@NAL » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:25 pm

thanks for shearing the pictures so nice too see peter jones buildings are looking great

Dr. Bond of the DVLR
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by Dr. Bond of the DVLR » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:18 am

Looks like a grand time was had by all. I wish I could have been there but had a wedding to go to.
The railway which people forgot
(to build)