Market Day Services on the PLR

Links to and discussion of garden railway video footage or videos of real railways which might inspire members with their modelling
ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Market Day Services on the PLR

Post by ge_rik » Tue May 31, 2016 11:27 am

Market Day services on the PLR ......

<object width="640" height="480"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/noKYxbRKRcA?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/noKYxbRKRcA?ve ... n_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

In addition to the normal timetabled services, special passenger and goods train are run on Market Day. Keeps the staff and the locos busy.

Rik
------------------------
Peckforton Light Railway - Blog Facebook Youtube

philipy

Post by philipy » Tue May 31, 2016 12:32 pm

Very nice as always, Rik. I love the opening shot from between the two loco's.

What really beats me though is how come you seem to have so much good weather in Cheshire??( Says he, looking out the window as the rain buckets down!)
Philip

ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ge_rik » Tue May 31, 2016 12:36 pm

philipy:118298 wrote:Very nice as always, Rik. I love the opening shot from between the two loco's.

What really beats me though is how come you seem to have so much good weather in Cheshire??( Says he, looking out the window as the rain buckets down!)
Hi Philip
We've been very lucky over the past few days. Glorious sunshine (and today as well). Doesn't normally work like that. We usually get hit first by all the wet stuff blowing in from the Atlantic.

Rik
------------------------

sstjc
Fireman
Fireman

Post by sstjc » Tue May 31, 2016 1:40 pm

I wonder how you get so much good weather as well but having said that I wish some would post videos in poor weather as well. I'm sure it would be very atmospheric.....
Barry
Regards
Barry

www.5inchrail.com

ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ge_rik » Tue May 31, 2016 2:26 pm

sstjc:118302 wrote:I wonder how you get so much good weather as well but having said that I wish some would post videos in poor weather as well. I'm sure it would be very atmospheric.....
Barry
When Zach visited, it rained on and off all day. Got some atmospheric plumes from his live steam loco.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJhcyxvlKTY

Rik
------------------------

Soar Valley Light
Driver
Driver

Post by Soar Valley Light » Tue May 31, 2016 7:08 pm

You were very fortunate with the weather Rik. I had the pleasure of spending the morning in Hendon and Cricklewood, it took me the whole (three and a half hour painful crawl) back up the M1 to get anything like dry!

I really love watching clips of your railway operating and this one is no exception. Nice to see a new aspect of operation with the Market day specials. The special passenger seemed to have everything hung on! The special goods was very reminiscent of the good old Tralee & Dingle (beatuiful locos).

Speaking of locos, the loco on the pick up today was a really handsome beast. It was so nice to see the train winding its way along the line in the last shots of your video.

Thanks for sharing again, I look forward to the next offering. In the meantime you've fuelled my inspiration to spur me on again.

All the best,

Andrew
"Smith! Why do you only come to work four days a week?
"'cause I can't manage on three gaffer!"

ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ge_rik » Tue May 31, 2016 8:21 pm

Soar Valley Light:118308 wrote:You were very fortunate with the weather Rik. I had the pleasure of spending the morning in Hendon and Cricklewood, it took me the whole (three and a half hour painful crawl) back up the M1 to get anything like dry!

I really love watching clips of your railway operating and this one is no exception. Nice to see a new aspect of operation with the Market day specials. The special passenger seemed to have everything hung on! The special goods was very reminiscent of the good old Tralee & Dingle (beatuiful locos).

Speaking of locos, the loco on the pick up today was a really handsome beast. It was so nice to see the train winding its way along the line in the last shots of your video.

Thanks for sharing again, I look forward to the next offering. In the meantime you've fuelled my inspiration to spur me on again.

All the best,

Andrew
Thanks Andrew
I was getting worried that some of my videos are getting a bit 'samey'. But when I'm doing a running session I just tend to get the camera out and take shots from time to time of what's going on. More than twice as much footage is now on the cutting room floor.

I'd love to recreate those Tralee and Dingle cattle trains but I don't think I have quite enough cattle wagons. I think some trains were even double headed. Mind you my trackwork is slightly better condition than the T&D's towards the end of its life.

Rik

PS - Just found some video footage of a T&D cattle train - https://youtu.be/_gSse_QBLT8?t=174

PPS - Oh dear - it's just made me realise I don't have any former Irish locos running on my railway ...... maybe ......
------------------------

Peter Butler
Driver
Driver

Post by Peter Butler » Tue May 31, 2016 9:23 pm

Excellent pictures again Rik, your garden looks lovely at this time of year and you have found superb positions to film the train movements.
Wonderful stuff.
The best things in life are free.... so why am I doing this?

ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ge_rik » Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:49 am

Peter Butler:118316 wrote:Excellent pictures again Rik, your garden looks lovely at this time of year and you have found superb positions to film the train movements.
Wonderful stuff.
Thanks Peter. I keep looking for a different angle. Mind you, last night I looked back at an old video I'd made and it took me a while to work out where I'd filmed it from. I realise there are some sections of the line I haven't filmed from for a while.

Rik
------------------------

pippindoo
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by pippindoo » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:20 am

Brilliant yet again. I watch your videos often and it always makes me want to shrink and go on a visit! :shock: