Loco-Boxes?

Anything related to the garden railway world that is not catered for in another board
-steves-
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Loco Boxes update

Post by -steves- » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:36 am

vc10rocks:116288 wrote:Since my last post I received one email confirming my order on 15 Jan requesting my shipping address and saying my order would be a week and since then (1 month) nothing despite 3 emails requesting an update. Loco boxes do seem to be hard work!!
You're clearly a forgiving man, I would have given up long ago and gone somewhere reliable.  ;)
The buck stops here .......

Ditton Meadow Light Railway (DMLR)
Member of Peterborough and District Association
http://peterborough.16mm.org.uk/

vc10rocks
Cleaner
Cleaner

Mr Forgiving

Post by vc10rocks » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:02 pm

Yes, patience is in my job description, I don't have a lot of spare time to make boxes and I thought once I had an encouraging sign and confident reassurances that it would worth a short wait....hmmmm

Colinjamesporter
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by Colinjamesporter » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:43 pm

I'm having problems with loco boxes to. I ordered my box in August to be posted originally and was told it would be there within 20 days. I then had an email to say it was held up. I then arranged to collect it at the Exeter garden railway show. When I arrived at the stand I was told it wasn't ready as they had problems with the compressor they use for spraying the boxes with do agreed to pick it up at Warley. At the Warley show i was told it still wasn't ready as it needed the fittings put on it so was told I would have it by the end of the week after. I still haven't received it after 5 email and numerous phone calls to find out what's happening. It's annoying as I have bought 6 boxes and 7 cradles in the past with no issue at all.
Does anyone know what's going on? I'm trying to find out if I can collect it from the Midlands garden railway show next month.
Best wishes
Colin

-steves-
Administrator
Administrator

Post by -steves- » Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:07 am

This really all is a shame as they are about 5 miles down the road from me. I can only think a company with such little respect for its customers no longer wishes to trade as it seems to be trying its hardest to really stuff people off! :oops: If its not trying to go out of business, its going the right way about doing so! :roll:

Keith S
Driver
Driver

Post by Keith S » Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:12 am

Sorry Steve, if this question seems ignorant, but if they're only five miles down the road, why don't you go knock on the door and find out what's going on? That's what I would do.

-steves-
Administrator
Administrator

Post by -steves- » Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:31 am

Keith S:116416 wrote:Sorry Steve, if this question seems ignorant, but if they're only five miles down the road, why don't you go knock on the door and find out what's going on? That's what I would do.
Because I don't have anything on order from them, neither would I after reading others experiences on here. It's just sad to see a business not treating its potential customers with any respect. Not quite sure why you think I would go knocking at people's doors like that for other people, not that I could anyway as I am not allowed to drive at the moment due to recent surgery.

vc10rocks
Cleaner
Cleaner

Reply and update

Post by vc10rocks » Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:22 am

After 3 emails over the last month I got a reply from Chris, as expected the reason given was snowed under with orders, a commitment was made to get the boxes and rolling roads out by the end of the week, Fingers crossed

Colinjamesporter
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by Colinjamesporter » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:12 am

My dad dropped him an email for a quote to see if he would get an answer. He did so he questioned him about my box and it had been marked as sent on the paperwork but he found it in his stores. It's going to be delivered tomorrow so will keep you posted on if it turns up.
Best wishes
Colin

Keith S
Driver
Driver

Post by Keith S » Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:29 pm

-steves-:116417 wrote:
Keith S:116416 wrote:Sorry Steve, if this question seems ignorant, but if they're only five miles down the road, why don't you go knock on the door and find out what's going on? That's what I would do.
Because I don't have anything on order from them, neither would I after reading others experiences on here. It's just sad to see a business not treating its potential customers with any respect. Not quite sure why you think I would go knocking at people's doors like that for other people, not that I could anyway as I am not allowed to drive at the moment due to recent surgery.
Didn't mean to make you cross mate: I thought you had something on order as well. Sorry to hear about your ill health.

-steves-
Administrator
Administrator

Post by -steves- » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:08 am

Keith S:116430 wrote:
-steves-:116417 wrote:
Didn't mean to make you cross mate: I thought you had something on order as well. Sorry to hear about your ill health.
Sorry, I wasn't cross, just confused, so I am sorry if it came across any other way, typing words are so flat with little passion behind them, they can easily be read wrong :) Thank you, my health is on the mend now after 5 months in and out of hospital for one thing or another, but hopefully this is the end of it all and things are looking much much better :D Sorry for digression of thread too :oops:

Colinjamesporter
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by Colinjamesporter » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:13 pm

I forgot to update. The box arrived safely on Friday last week!

maxi-model
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by maxi-model » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:00 pm

Got an e-mail yesterday from Loco Boxes. My order is ready. Er....after 2 1/2 years after placing order and 2 years of no communication on an original 6 week lead time ! Would I like it posted or pick up from Peterborough ? (where I was supposed to pick up 2 years ago after 6 months waiting, oh sorry we just need to make a special bit) Not going to Peterborough this year and would not accept by post as I have no way of knowing you have built to my spec. It's slightly unusual, very long - for K-28 - with a sliding stop so shorter loco(s) can be accommodated.

Go to the Large Scale show at Warwick today. who has a pitch there ? You guessed. Hmm. Told em' forget it I'll get along with the manufacturers cradles supplied though not ideal (Accucraft K-28 and NGG 16). Oh, you don't want it...........Er no. Made my excuses and left.

Testy e-mail sent. How do they stay in business ? Max.

GardenRail
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by GardenRail » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:12 am

maxi-model:116768 wrote:Got an e-mail yesterday from Loco Boxes. My order is ready. Er....after 2 1/2 years after placing order and 2 years of no communication on an original 6 week lead time ! Would I like it posted or pick up from Peterborough ? (where I was supposed to pick up 2 years ago after 6 months waiting, oh sorry we just need to make a special bit) Not going to Peterborough this year and would not accept by post as I have no way of knowing you have built to my spec. It's  slightly unusual, very long - for K-28 - with a sliding stop so shorter loco(s) can be accommodated.

Go to the Large Scale show at Warwick today. who has a pitch there ? You guessed. Hmm. Told em' forget it I'll get along with the manufacturers cradles supplied though not ideal (Accucraft K-28 and NGG 16). Oh, you don't want it...........Er no. Made my excuses and left.

Testy e-mail sent. How do they stay in business ? Max.
Did you see the boxes on the Anything Narrow Gauge stand? The long boxes have this facility and the arrangement of layered sponges and gauge inserts allow for different sized locos to be secured. I just did these for the Trade News in the next issue of GardenRail (my last before retiring). They look excellent and this range is supplied by return. All the 'extras' such as name tallies and secure stackability are included.
Tag Gorton

maxi-model
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by maxi-model » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:50 am

GardenRail:116775 wrote: Did you see the boxes on the Anything Narrow Gauge stand? The long boxes have this facility and the arrangement of layered sponges and gauge inserts allow for different sized locos to be secured. I just did these for the Trade News in the next issue of GardenRail (my last before retiring). They look excellent and this range is supplied by return. All the 'extras' such as name tallies and secure stackability are included.
Drats, I missed those as I wasn't really looking. Little too focused on a Joan on his stand. I'll contact Simon during the week. Thank you Tag. Max.

vc10rocks
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by vc10rocks » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:40 pm

Hi All, just to update my original post, I did finally get the boxes around 18 March, they are well made and were very well packed. I guess anyone thinking of using Locoboxes should be aware that they don't always respond to emails and you should expect a fair wait for even some stock items, but the end result is good.

IanC
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by IanC » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:11 pm

I purchased a box from them at the large scale exhibition and ordered a cradle to be collected at the AGM. Come AGM no cradle. I shall knock something up myself and cancel the order.

garratt100
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by garratt100 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:34 pm

Good afternoon All,

As many of you will realise, I’m not a regular member of this forum these days, but having been alerted to this thread, thought it only right to add a posting.

I’ll admit that we’ve had issues with communication & delivery times as the business has grown which has caused difficulties for the customer & myself.

Loco-Boxes has been making boxes now for around nine years & in the last couple of years especially, has seen much quicker growth than expected with the introduction of new products & different lines in other areas from the original boxes concept.
With that growth have come growing pains, to the point that the business has become what can only be described as a ‘handful’ for one person to handle.

Recognising this, the workforce has now been expanded & systems updated. These changes will mean that emails are now monitored on a much more structured basis & phone calls can now be returned (if left on the answer machine) in a much shorter time than has been possible previously.

For those who have been inconvenienced in the past, I can only apologise - as I’m sure you’ll realise, none of these communication problems or over running delivery times have been engineered on purpose, more the result of an expanding business struggling to cope with workload.

If anyone has an outstanding order that they are still waiting for delivery on or have ordered goods & not received them, please email us & we can let you know exactly when your order will be delivered to you.
Please also note that although we try to answer all calls on the phone when you ring us, if we have machinery running it’s not always possible to hear the phone or safe to stop the machine at that point so the answer system will take a message & we will call you back at the first available time.

Thank you all for your patience & understanding.

Chris Moody
Loco-Boxes