IP Engineering Jessica build

Anything related to the garden railway world that is not catered for in another board
-steves-
Administrator
Administrator

Post by -steves- » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:06 am

Big Jim:114312 wrote:The rear grill was filled in as there was no casting for it as the kit was second hand. The rivets are plastic ones from Cambrian models stuck on strips of plasticard.
Thanks very much.

I think Cambrian will be getting an order for me at some point soon as those rivets look great.

As for the rear grill, I think I prefer that and may well build two rear grills and see which one I prefer, I always thought as standard it looked a bit "samey" from either direction, decisions decisions, lol ;) I have plenty of time to decide as this will be a very slow build due to time constraints of work and home, and the lack of the time at home :(
The buck stops here .......

Ditton Meadow Light Railway (DMLR)
Member of Peterborough and District Association
http://peterborough.16mm.org.uk/

MDLR
Driver
Driver

Post by MDLR » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:55 pm

I sispect you may already know this, but the aluminium mesh used for glass fibre car body repairs makes good radiator grilles...............
Brian L Dominic
Managing Director
Flagg Fluorspar Co
www.mdlr.co.uk/ff.html

-steves-
Administrator
Administrator

Post by -steves- » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:02 pm

MDLR:114323 wrote:I sispect you may already know this, but the aluminium mesh used for glass fibre car body repairs makes good radiator grilles...............
As it happened I did, but only because someone told me this on here not so long back, so it never hurts to mention it. The kit also came with the grills, which as it happens match my mesh from a car body shop, lol.

Thank you.

-steves-
Administrator
Administrator

Post by -steves- » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:21 am

Awesome idea on the roof. I used JB weld in the holes, drilled them out and re tapped them, then drilled out the roles in the roof so the countersunk screws wouldn't stick out so much, I can cope with how it came out.

Wheels done and dusted and all looking good.

Managed to get some spraying done over this weekend and its now a fetching Ford Pine Green and Matt black, all lacquered up. Not very good pictures but it gives you an idea of how it might look when its done.

I might get some pictures later of it in one bit, but the con rods still need finishing and painting as yet as I forgot about them, lol :lol: Also I still need to spray the buffer beams in red too, slowly getting there ;)

-steves-
Administrator
Administrator

Post by -steves- » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:14 am

Well it's slowly coming together. I had an issue with the RX and this was sent back to Deltang and reflashed so its all working as it should do now. I am just in the process of sorting out all the wiring as it needs a switch, charging jack, battery, motor front dual LED and rear dual LED all sorting out and wiring up. I have it working in "lash up" where when it goes forwards the front LED shines white and the rear red, and vice versa, so when going backwards the rear LED shines white and the front LED shines red, this is all done directly from the Deltang RX65 which has these functions built in. See the www.RCTrains.co.uk website for more details on this.

Still lots to be done, as none of the vents are attached, the brass rails are not properly attached the exhaust needs spraying and attaching, name plates adding, the above wiring to sort out, the mesh in the grill to glue in, the grills to glue in, Accucraft chopper couplings to add,I am sure there will be much more too, lol.

-steves-
Administrator
Administrator

Post by -steves- » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:15 am

Pictures to come soon, but most of the above is now all done. Wiring was a handful with 2 LED's to put in with 3 wires to each one, that along with 3 to the switch, 2 to the charge socket, plus of course the usual motor, battery etc, plus I have put everything except the rear LED on easily removable plugs. Had a run up and down on some test track and all seems good at the moment, loving the changeable direction lights which work automatically from the direction and throttle settings via the RX65 from http://www.RCTrains.co.uk

I will try and get some pictures up very soon but I am happy with it, now of course I have set myself the task of another box to make, like the one made for Bob and my other loco's.

-steves-
Administrator
Administrator

Post by -steves- » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:15 am

Well here is the completed loco, everything working, charging jack checked out and working, all directions ok, all lights ok, very happy with it. These pictures don't do it justice as I believe it looks much better in the flesh, so to speak :)

Annie
Fireman
Fireman

Post by Annie » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:45 am

Beautiful, - and I thought I'd never say that about an IC loco ever :)

Love that shade of green.
What has Reality done for you lately?

MDLR
Driver
Driver

Post by MDLR » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:25 am

VERY smart!
Brian L Dominic
Managing Director
Flagg Fluorspar Co
www.mdlr.co.uk/ff.html

Johnnie2sheds
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by Johnnie2sheds » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:31 pm

Cracking job sir! 8)

-steves-
Administrator
Administrator

Post by -steves- » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:30 am

Thank you for all the kind comments, it just needs dirtying up a bit now to make it look a little better, lol ;) I decided not to put on all the dressing kit accessories on it as I thought there were just a little too many, so its got some, but not all.

Big Jim

Post by Big Jim » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:46 pm

That looks rather good Steve.

I agree with you regarding the dress up bits, sometimes less is more.
If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer!

-steves-
Administrator
Administrator

Post by -steves- » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:58 am

New TX today for Jessica (Lady Marilyn)

Well I today got my first RC Trains TX24. I love this compared to the Deltang version, which although practical leaves you with having to remember what each function does, which is fine for me, but if I let someone else borrow it they don't know.

As you can see below, Rik at RC Trains has managed to overcome this and present you with a professional retail looking TX at a very good price. Obviously the functions are the same but as you can see Rik has added an additional button for me on channel 7 which I use for sound on/off on some of my loco's. I also love the red dials on the cream background, but most of all, I love the battery compartment, something which was lacking on the original.

All I can say is a big well done Rik and I look forward to seeing more of your items come to market.

Image :D