NWNGR extension plans?

Do you have a problem? Here is the place to appeal for help
Joe
Fireman
Fireman

NWNGR extension plans?

Post by Joe » Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:20 pm

Hi, I am quite interested in the ideas originally had by the NWNGR to build a railway to corwen via betws y coes and pentrefoelas. I was wondering if anybody knew how far this plan got and wether any station plans or architecture plans were made as i think it would be nice to model one of those "what if....." scenarios. Also if anyone know of any good related books please let mew know.
cheers
Joe
Steam is highly under rated

Daven
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by Daven » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:01 pm

There are some photos of work around Beddgelert of which was started but never used in Boyd's "Narrow Gauge Railways in South Caernarvonshire". You can still see parts of an embankment and a bridge south of Beddgelert.

David
David Newell

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:37 pm

Hi Joe,

I'll have a look in some books when I can find them... As far as track plans and station designs go though I don't think you could go far wrong by adopting the designs they did get round to using - the slate and yellow brick architecture is very distinctive.

Are you thinking of adapting your Dduallt theme? I'd have thought there were still years worth of fun to be had there before moving on to the NWNGR?!

Cheers,

Andrew

Joe
Fireman
Fireman

Post by Joe » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:05 pm

Hi Andrew , thanks for that , no I'm sticking with my ddualt theme but I'm quite interested in the planned route that the NWNGR had as i believe it would have gone past a number of places I have fond memories of spending time in my childhood. I don't think it would hurt squeezing in the odd NWNGR themed building here and there though on my line , I've recently acquired a kit for the ip engineering Gladstone coach which I had previously tried to resist buying :roll:
Cheers
Joe
Steam is highly under rated

Marquis DeCarabas
Fireman
Fireman

Post by Marquis DeCarabas » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:28 am

I've seen deposited plans, but nothing further.
De Carabas

At the service of angelislington