Yatton Engineering Funky diesel

A place for discussing battery-electric locomotives, whether they're diesel, steam or even electric outline
JMORG
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Yatton Engineering Funky diesel

Post by JMORG » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:22 pm

Does anyone have this as a kit? It's not advertised as a product on his website at the moment.
It also looks like he only has the FR Funky at the moment. Does anyone know if he will be doing the WHR Funky aswell?

maxi-model
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by maxi-model » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:42 pm

The current edition, #154, of the 16 mm NGM's quarterly "SMT" has a full colour  build and review of the re-bodied Funkey that Yatton makes. A good reason to join perhaps if you are not a member already ?  Has got me very tempted. Looks like it comes complete with R/C , sound card and batteries at the listed price (c £600 in the SMT article). Like the look of his Darjeeling diesels and coaches too.

I did not see the other Funkey on his stand at Peterborough although if you look at the news section of his website it is noted as being in the pipeline (that section does not seem to have been updated for over a year !) You could always ask Peter. The more interest shown the more likely it is to happen.

I have built a couple of his wagons. Very well produced and engineered kits. A cut above IP (no disrespect intended, you get what you pay for). Max.

MDLR
Driver
Driver

Post by MDLR » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:42 pm

maxi-model:112034 wrote:I have built a couple of his wagons. Very well produced and engineered kits. A cut above IP (no disrespect intended, you get what you pay for). Max.
.............. and a TERRIBLE pun! Seriously though, Peter has a different way of doing things (like the lift-off body shells on the modern Darj coaches, and building virtually the whole coach on the very detailed underframe) but the results are very good!
Brian L Dominic
Managing Director
Flagg Fluorspar Co
www.mdlr.co.uk/ff.html