Source of Faller Railcars

A place for discussing battery-electric locomotives, whether they're diesel, steam or even electric outline
Big Jim

Source of Faller Railcars

Post by Big Jim » Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:26 pm

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-x-Faller-Pl ... 51d0908ba8

I have just found the above German Ebay listing for Faller stuff. Now my German is not brilliant and these are being sold for spares or repair. It would appear that they are all damaged in some way. But the cost is around £10/12 per unit. Postage being about the same.

The seller has other ones listed for slightly less (possible more buggered?) and other Faller bits and bobs.

I would buy one myself but I have put a stop to all Railway related purchases due to having far too many projects on the go at the moment and not enough time.
If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer!

invicta280
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by invicta280 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:23 pm

Hi Big Jim

Well I thought I'd take a punt on it - at that price it would be rude not to. It arrived today, well packaged.
Yep, there were a few bits missing; horns from the roof, electrical bits from the battery holder, the odd seat. But this is a conversion project so at that price what's not to like.

Thanks for the heads up!

Big Jim

Post by Big Jim » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:11 am

Glad to be of some use!

I am still tempted myself but I really have far too much stuff put away for later!
If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer!

Lonsdaler
Driver
Driver

Post by Lonsdaler » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:19 am

invicta280:111693 wrote:Hi Big Jim

Well I thought I'd take a punt on it - at that price it would be rude not to. It arrived today, well packaged.
                 Yep, there were a few bits missing; horns from the roof, electrical bits from the battery holder, the odd seat. But this is a conversion project so at that price what's not to like.

Thanks for the heads up!
Ditto - mine also arrived Thursday, again well packaged. I was puzzled by the lack of battery connections, then realised it's a track powered version. Might look at reducing the 3 axle driving bogie to two, I think.
Phil

Sporadic Garden Railer who's inconsistencies know no bounds

My Line - https://gardenrails.org/forum/viewtopic ... 41&t=11077

invicta280
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by invicta280 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:24 pm

BaBBLR:111698 wrote: I was puzzled by the lack of battery connections, then realised it's a track powered version.
..Ahh! That could explain the missing battery terminals on mine. Does that mean its a 12V runner?

Lonsdaler
Driver
Driver

Post by Lonsdaler » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:49 pm

Copper contacts behind the driving wheels will confirm if its track powered - I've just removed them on mine. I've just run the bogie from a 3.7v lipo battery and it seemed OK, if a little 'growly', so whilst it's nominally 12v, I don't think it will matter.
Phil

SpudUk
Fireman
Fireman

Post by SpudUk » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:39 pm

I've very tempted, have you replaced the bogies or used those supplied?
Chris Auckland

Lonsdaler
Driver
Driver

Post by Lonsdaler » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:35 pm

It's very much a case of this being in a queue at the moment. My intention is to try and utilise the bogies supplied, although the front one is 3 axle - I would prefer just two axles in the front bogie.
Phil