Fireman
Fireman

Post by Joe » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:23 pm

Steam is highly under rated

DVT Dweller
Fireman
Fireman

Post by DVT Dweller » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:09 am

I emailed them about the pooter, it's the ex station road one from 2012 the went for £365 then went on eBay last year for £14xx. They told me they were a 3rd part selling it for a client and that the 'client' had told them there was no sign of it being steamed and that the boiler was loose. I let them know about its previous history.

Wouldn't touch it with a barge pole at that price.

Joe
Fireman
Fireman

Post by Joe » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:28 am

Certainly not ,especially because it appears to have been sold so quickly twice after being brought. The second buyer didn't half loose some money though . The maximum I would pay that would be about 200 as there is.no guarantee it will work and the boilers loose. The Merlin seemed in better condition but without a picture of the underside its hard to tell

Joe
Fireman
Fireman

Post by Joe » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:56 pm

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MERLIN-MAESTR ... 2c985b6680
yet another merlin on ebay! Looks to be in good condition and a very good price as it has RC and full valve gear. the only thing is i have heard the full valve gear versions are more harder to repair if damaged. Definitely a much better deal than the previous loco mentioned. I bet that guy who brought the previous one for 500 is kicking him self now but they dont call it evil bay for nothing!

Joe
Fireman
Fireman

Post by Joe » Fri May 08, 2015 3:55 pm

http://www.anythingnarrowgauge.com/prod ... php?ID=805
Heres another Merlin loco (though not suspicious this time :D ) priced a little more than others ive seen but you do get the benefit of getting it from a trusted seller. Personally i love these locos, I know there not everyone cup of tea but a nice loco to get and very easy to operate