Porter Garden railway fleet

If you would like to share some of your garden railway photographs or photos of prototypes which might inspire members, then please post them in here
Colinjamesporter
Cleaner
Cleaner

Porter Garden railway fleet

Post by Colinjamesporter » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:38 am

Hi all,
I thought i would share some photos of my railways loco fleet.

First up is my Accucraft Baugley loco from 2007. repainted by me in 2012.

The second loco is my Accucraft Lyn built in 2010 it is R/C fitted on the reverser only.. I am looking at fitting the regulator out this year.
My third loco is an r/c Accucraft Lew (from the first batch)it arrived in March 2013. I have painted the tank tops black.

The fourth locomotive is a roundhouse Taliesin. It arrived in April 2013. It was painted and lined by Geoff Munday at Lightline.

The fifth locomotive was my first ever kitbuilt loco. It is a Slater Prince purchased in june 2012 and finished in Febuary 2014 still needs window frames.

The sixth loco is a kitbuilt roundhouse fowler loco. Started April 2013 finished January 2014.

The seventh loco is a Roundhouse Cricceith Castle with sound. This arrived in March 2014 and was painted bhy Geoff Munday at Lightline.

The eighth loco is a Slaters De winton which i built. It was started in February 2014 and was completed February 2015. It has R/c in the bunker and tank and is powered by a PP3 battery in a slate wagon behind.

I have got more locos planned. one is a wild rose loco which i have ordered all the laser cut parts for. not quite sure which loco to do it as yet.

The other one is a double fairlie locomotive I am currently designing. It will be mounted on a pair of Roundhouse Taliesin power bogies.

As well as my fleet above my father has a few locos to.

The first one is a Accucraft Ragleth called Mugwump which I bought for him for christmas 2013.

The second one is a 2-6-2 loco (Battery powered) this was started in the earlier 1990's and its hoped he gets time to finish it properly.

The last one is a Funky diesel dad has been building recently. he did the paint and i lined it and will be doing the wiring when the R/C gear turns up. It will have directional lighting and sound.

hope you enjoyed the tour.
best wishes
Colin

Big Jim

Post by Big Jim » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:23 pm

Good luck with the Double Fairlie build, I look forward to posts about the construction process.
You mention laser cut 'Wild Rose' parts, which bits are they and are these available commercially or have you had them done specially?
If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer!

Colinjamesporter
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by Colinjamesporter » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:34 pm

Hi Jim,
i will keep everyone posted about the double fairlie. the wild rose parts are available from model engineers laser http://www.modelengineerslaser.co.uk/lo ... ocotype=16 i believe hes at the 16mm show this year to.
best wishes
colin

Big Jim

Post by Big Jim » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:45 pm

Thanks Colin. You don't know of anyone making cylinders for wild rose do you? I am certain I have seen them for sale but can't remember where.

Joe
Fireman
Fireman

Post by Joe » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:49 pm

there was a pair on ebay not to long ago
Steam is highly under rated

Colinjamesporter
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by Colinjamesporter » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:29 pm

Big Jim:108668 wrote:Thanks Colin. You don't know of anyone making cylinders for wild rose do you? I am certain I have seen them for sale but can't remember where.
Not that I have seen. As Joe said there was a pair on EBay a few weeks ago. They sold for around £66 I think
Best wishes
colin

Big Jim

Post by Big Jim » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:40 pm

Ahh that might be what I was thinking off.
Thanks anyway.
If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer!