2014 Sesson on The line with No Name

If you would like to share some of your garden railway photographs or photos of prototypes which might inspire members, then please post them in here
thecsmann
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

2014 Sesson on The line with No Name

Post by thecsmann » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:05 pm

Hi all
i had forgoten all about this forum. sorry if you think my line has become spam. not posted here for some time but have other places.

now days i mostly post to my lines page on facebook. but i have uploded all of 2014 photos to flicker. my line has gone very FR/WHR ish

https://www.flickr.com/photos/69363786@ ... 943744558/

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:16 pm

Looking good, thanks for the photos!

As for "going FR/WHR-ish", I understand entirely! There are worse things that can happen to a chap...

What are the origins of your model of "Mary Ann"? I want one! I've considered Swift Sixteen's kit, but I think the motor might pop up into the cab, which is so lovely and empty on yours. Looks powerful too?

All the best,

Andrew.

thecsmann
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by thecsmann » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:00 pm

Its one of the ones made by andel , but I took the doors off and some of the armer , and a repaint, to make it look like it did when it first arrived on the fr. Has battery's and rc hidden under the details . is powerful but has a small motor which if run for long over heats! Do not think an del made meny .

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:45 pm

Ah, thank you... I've got an Andel Moelwyn but I'm a little wary of over-use too. I stripped the original nylon gears very early on and although Andy replaced them with metal ones the motor and gearbox are hidden away inside and I think I'd have to pull the thing apart to access them in the event of a repeat occurrance...

The green paint you've used is just the sort of thing I'm looking for for Moelwyn - you don't recall what sort you used do you?

Thanks,

Andrew.

thecsmann
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by thecsmann » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:11 pm

The simplex is painted revell 62.
I want a moelwyn but need one thats 45 mm gauge .
Still more fr and WHR locos to go have 15 so far ,just got a beddgelert!