My bridges

A place for discussing garden railway scenery, such as buildings, trees, etc....
OMA
Cleaner
Cleaner

My bridges

Post by OMA » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:12 pm

I wanted to show you a few bridges which I made myself. 1 - from reinforcement bar and welding electrods http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/ ... e94f20.jpg  2 - small pedestrian bridges from sushi sticks (as well as a market place) http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/ ... c0dacf.jpg 3 - a car bridge from sushi sticks, too http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/ ... 93b1a0.jpg  I have to add that everyting is made by me, a Russian housewife, so, don't be strict judges. More pictures of my Ruza Oberland here http://www.pinterest.com/taarusa/ruza-o ... y-g-scale/

bazzer42
Driver
Driver

Post by bazzer42 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:51 pm

I like that electrode bridge, if only I could curve aluminium.

jim@NAL
Driver
Driver

Post by jim@NAL » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:09 pm

there very good

invicta280
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by invicta280 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:07 pm

I like your use of colourful rock plants OMA.

If my limited understanding of the Russian alphabet is correct, you have a'Yodelfest' going on there!

And sushi sticks, coffee stirrers.. modellers everywhere use them. :D

andymctractor
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by andymctractor » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:45 pm

jim@NAL:105834 wrote:there very good
Jim, you might confuse a Russian as you type with a Suffolk accent. :P
Regards
Andy McMahon

If it moves, salute it.  If it doesn't move, paint it. (RN sailors basic skills course 1968)

philipy

Post by philipy » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:57 am

That looks excellent.
Well done, and thank you for sharing with us.
Philip

OMA
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by OMA » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:55 am

Many thanks to all of you for kind words!    
invicta280:105836 wrote:I like your use of colourful rock plants OMA.

If my limited understanding of the Russian alphabet is correct, you have a'Yodelfest' going on there!

And sushi sticks, coffee stirrers.. modellers everywhere use them.  :D
Planning my GRR I had the only aim - to make my garden more attractive for  grandkids, it was one step in my fight with internet, computer games and TV. That's why I wanted to have bright colours. But the more I read about garden railroading, the more I saw GRR, the more became a fan of it and my vision has changed completely. In September I removed some red floxes and have a plan to add more ground covers like draba instead of them.
And bravo! Russian alphabet is not so easy, but you read and understood it correctly. A few years ago Jodlefest took place in Interlaken. In spite of a very bad weather (it rained cats and dogs) 3 mln people came to this small town. There was a lot of music, wurst of different kinds, of course, rugenbraeu, all streets and squares were overcrowded. It was crazy, but exciting. Funny and yummy. I like the atmosphere  of this holiday.
bazzer42, I can neither curve, nor weld, but my nephew can. It was his contribution to my GRR.
And, of course, I have to say that all GRR that I saw here are very impressive. All of you have been inspiring me, I'm in your debt.

ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ge_rik » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:41 am

Some really great ideas for bridges there OMA. I am planning to replace a couple of LGB bridges on my railway so you have given me some food for thought (I hope that translates into Russian).

Rik
------------------------
Peckforton Light Railway - Blog Facebook Youtube

OMA
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by OMA » Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:13 pm

I have one more curved metal bridge but couldn't find its photo. Now it's rather cold and we still have no snow, that's why I covered the whole GRR with a layer of non-woven fabric just to protect plants there. Later I'll try to take a photo. I like to use sushi sticks, I've made some other structures from them. In winter I'd like tj make one more building, a cliffhanger, but try to use popsicles.

OMA
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by OMA » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:44 pm

ge_rik:105856 wrote:Some really great ideas for bridges there OMA. I am planning to replace a couple of LGB bridges on my railway so you have given me some food for thought (I hope that translates into Russian).

Rik
I have found a n old photo of my second metal bridge http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/ ... b1a660.jpg