#10 gage wire, Junction boxes

A place for discussing battery-electric locomotives, whether they're diesel, steam or even electric outline
Bayerw
New User
New User

#10 gage wire, Junction boxes

Post by Bayerw » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:47 pm

I'd appreciate any help in locating proper junction boxes for 2 conductor #10 gage bus wire, and smaller, perhaps #14 gage feeder wire.
Thanks so much!

Enginehouse
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Re: #10 gage wire, Junction boxes

Post by Enginehouse » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:30 am

Bayerw:105610 wrote:I'd appreciate any help in locating proper junction boxes for 2 conductor #10 gage bus wire, and smaller, perhaps #14 gage feeder wire.
Thanks so much!
Rapid Electronics, Farnell and RS (Radios Spares to us old uns) should be able to supply what you need to wire up pretty near anything "properly". Depends of course on form factor, number of ways and rating as "proper" is not really much of a definitive description.

Enginehouse
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Re: #10 gage wire, Junction boxes

Post by Enginehouse » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:41 pm

Bayerw:105610 wrote:I'd appreciate any help in locating proper junction boxes for 2 conductor #10 gage bus wire, and smaller, perhaps #14 gage feeder wire.
Thanks so much!
Rapid Electronics, Farnell and RS (Radios Spares to us old uns) should be able to supply what you need to wire up pretty near anything "properly". Depends of course on form factor, number of ways and rating as "proper" is not really much of a definitive description.