PTLRfest 2014 - Return of the Fest

If you would like to share some of your garden railway photographs or photos of prototypes which might inspire members, then please post them in here
laalratty
Retired Director
Retired Director

PTLRfest 2014 - Return of the Fest

Post by laalratty » Mon May 05, 2014 8:55 pm

After a year off the calendar, PTLRfest at the Pine Tree Light Railway returned with a vengeance this year. The Fest is the biggest steamup on the calendar for the NWAG, when we often get members from further afield. This leads to a greater variety of locos, together with members from the PTLR's own fleet. Obviously, unlike the last fest we had no PTLR north, although as alluded to in Victor Isle's report, this seemed to dramatically reduce the number of collisions and near misses to 0!
First off, any event needs advertising.....

And PTLRsam had made a lovely poster for the front window.
First out upon my arrival were the two PTLR Caradocs, Caradoc and Primrose. We reckon this was Primrose's first run in nearly 2 years.
Barnacle Bay Charlie bought along his meths fired Dylan, which I then had the pleasure of driving for him. My conclusion from this was that Roger Loxley knew what he was doing back then (well he still does now), the loco was a lovely runner and really pleasant to drive, and on bio-ethanol steamed brilliantly.
Mike Ousby bought along his Roundcraft steam tram, which looked well with two continental style coaches in tow.
SLRmidges Guillimot crosses Sleighton Heathers crossing. Note the roller Blackberry behind, this had its usual session in steam.
I bought along Urien, freshly out of the 'shops with a cosmetic tidy up and a DJB vacuum exhaust pipe
Urien crosses the other level crossing
Two new Roundhouse Alco's double heading, a fine sight. The front one is from the Windy Ridge Railway, the rear one from the Consiton Railway. Both are very nice in their own way.
Paused at Sleighton Heathers.
"Coniston" out solo passing Pine Tree Road.
"Ex-pollinate!!" Starbuck takes some Daleks for an afternoon out.
Pease Countess from the PDR, not seen this machine for a while.
Fairfield from the Fairfield Railway, the location of the next event.
The second ANLR loco was Gwydion, completing its usual trouble free run.
The train from one of our newer members, a scratchbuilt battery Dolgoch with a short Talyllyn rake.
Ayepad Ed bought Tom Rolt with him, which worked my carriages.
And finally, a JB Models King Arthur, now a resident on the PTLR and not seen out often.
As ever, a massive thanks to the staff of the PTLR for putting on a great event.
"What the hell is that?"
"It's a model icebreaker sir."
"It's a bit big isn't it?"
"It's a full scale model sir....."

Matt
Driver
Driver

Post by Matt » Mon May 05, 2014 9:18 pm

great pics there Chris, wish i could have made it this year.
Garden Railways-best hobby in the world.